Blazing Saddles Sitcom we never knew about!

This is a pretty crazy story...

2 Likes

Mothertrucking Dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mod, please move.

Thanks!

Was it a WFA failure?

Hairy Kerry -

Was it a WFA failure?

Can't I just blame it on the app, and not my lack of ability?

Sure.

It was an interesting clip. I might not have noticed it in the other forum :) 

Crazy story.

Thanks, Medic

Hairy Kerry -

Sure.

It was an interesting clip. I might not have noticed it in the other forum :) 

Shut up fag 

1 Like

I saw that this morning as well.
Anyone track down the episodes that were released?

I took it as only the first episode was released attached to some special edition of the movie and that's the only one you can see. Mell Brook only saw 3 episodes. There are 3 whole seasons either just rotting in a closet somewhere or maybe they got trashed. Wasn't there flooding/fires that messed up a bunch of archival studio warehouses a few years ago? Alot of stuff was lost forever as I recall.

I don't think Mel Brooks' humor translated well to the small screen. He had a short lived show called "When Things were Rotten" back when I was a kid. Robin Hood themed.

The pilot was on the Blu-ray release I seem to remember I have it somewhere.

BigTedBear -

The pilot was on the Blu-ray release I seem to remember I have it somewhere.

Yeah, that's it.

ttt

Milk face. I like it. Wonder why that one never stuck. 

Turns out there’s also an unreleased CGI kids film homage with cats and dogs called Blazing Samurai. 

I was actually thinking about this movie earlier. How long until it gets cancelled for being racist? 

Bam57Bam - 

I was actually thinking about this movie earlier. How long until it gets cancelled for being racist? 

The thought crossed my mind as well.  They mentioned in the clip that there wasn't a sequel because by 1979 "the market had changed". It may be this kind of shift in society's attitudes that they were referring to although I'm sure it didn't help that Mel Brooks wouldn't be involved in the comedy sequel. 

Anyone remember the movie "Arthur" starring Dudley Moore?. It was a comedy about a billionaire alcoholic and was a boxoffice hit. The sequel "Arthur2" was a flop and its failure was attributed largely to changes in attitudes within just a few short years.. With drunk driving laws etc., a comedy about a public drunk wasn't seen as being funny anymore.

Kirik -

ttt

Thanks for the move boss

multiculturaljoseph -

Awesome