Does anyone here think it is a real sin for a
priest to Bless a same sex union??? I mean, the
way Christians have been portrayed to how they
are handling gays and lesbians in their church Is
bad I think.

I think it is okay for gay people to com to church
and even be a priest simply because there virtually
are no one person or priest in the church that is not
a sinner right? So then it doesn't really matter.

But to bless a same sex union; that would be a
direct act of misconduct of God's teachings of
morality. If the Bible honestly has text that shows
that God doesn't like homosexuality. Did Jeasus
ever say it was wrong?

I believe that an union based in love and respect deserves a blessing.

It would be spitting in the face of God. Only a new age "church" that sways to popular opinion would do that. By doing that and also allowing them to become priests it sends the message that to that group your personal desires come before your faith.

Mark, I would refuse to bless a same sex marriage. If my denomination said I had to, I would step down from my position.Helwig is correct, it is an insult to God. I do not condone homosexuality, but I still feel it's my job to reach out to those people, as well as anyother person in need of a savior. i do not try to discredit their lifestyle out of hate, i do it out of LOVE...I'm sure you understand what i mean by that.

yours in Christ

sherm

Nicely put Sherm.

some scientists think that serial killers also have a genetic predisposition to be serial killers. SO just because something is genetid does not mean we in society should accept it. Before everyone jumps on me for this, Im in no way equating homosexuality with murder, but simply trying to show that because something is genetic does not mean we should just go "ok, thats cool, its genetic"

JoshuaB, since when has homosexuality a
"Genetic thing"?

Mind sighting some sources?

I dont think it is genetic. But that seems to be the argument, they were born like that, can't help it, etc. So if someone is born with a particluar disposition adn they cant help it...it must be genetic.

homosexuality is in no way genetic. Any priest that blesses a same sex union is no priest at all

For the people who believe that homosexuality is not genetic. Do you believe that heterosexuality is genetic?

You cant compare homosexuality to a serial killer. Homosexuals dont kill people. I dont think genetics is the issue here. its irrelevant whether or not they were born that way or something happened to them as a child. They are attracted to the same sex regardless of why.
Now, I am pro-gay rights, but i feel that if your religion is antigay, you should stick by that or you are being hypocritical.
So, either you think homosexuality is wrong because the bible says so, which i think is prejudice, or you think it is ok, which means you aren't really a christian.

"So, either you think homosexuality is wrong because the bible says so, which i think is prejudice, or you think it is ok, which means you aren't really a Christian."

At least one part of that is right. How you could equate the Bible saying it is wrong with "prejudice" I cannot grasp. This new age liberal idea of accepting everything and labeling those who disagree with you is just ridiculous. Try extending some of that limitless tolerance you(as in those with your opinion, not you personally) have for so many to those who don't agree with you and answer to a higher authority than their own opinion.

"How you could equate the Bible saying it is wrong with "prejudice" I cannot grasp"

Im saying I dont believe in the Bible and part of that is because I feel parts of the Bible are prejudiced.

"Try extending some of that limitless tolerance you(as in those with your opinion, not you personally) have for so many to those who don't agree with you and answer to a higher authority than their own opinion."

I feel that I am tolerant of all religions. Even though I am not christian, Im glad that you call yourself christian and follow the guidlines set down by the bible instead of being a "christian" and being hypocritical. I dont think homosexuality is a "sin", but you do because the bible says, so thats good that you dont change your religious beliefs around to suit your own ideas.

I can agree with that man. So you really base whether or not you believe in the Bible based on if you feel it is "prejudiced" So prejudice is a higher authority for you than the Divine?

"So you really base whether or not you believe in the Bible based on if you feel it is "prejudiced" So prejudice is a higher authority for you than the Divine?"

To me, yes.

I don't condone it, but I don't condemn it either.