Blizzard working on new MMO

I've never had an interest in MMOs and probably never will, but I know a lot of you creeps will probably be fascinated:

"The unannounced MMO in development by World of Warcraft creative studio Blizzard will not be based on one of its established franchises, a representative reiterated today.

"We've already stated it'll be a brand new franchise, which means the lore, art, and game play are being developed entirely from scratch," said Blizzard community manager Zarhym"

they are going to need to. After Arthas goes down shits ovah!

The head honcho of WoW left for the new project a few months ago.

WoW will be finished within 2 years.

Star Wars: The Old Republic will rule by then.

that star wars game looks pretty rad

yeah it does

and a new blizz MMO would be really fucken cool

hopefully the classes will be like gillian's island. I know Howell would be OP but I'd still roll a professor to bang the shit out of Maryanne and Ginger

Star Trek will take it

the fantasy shit is all played out. Magical weapons, magical spells blah blah same shit different name

star trek sounds coo. i am sick of swords and shields too. i am still shocked they didnt make shadowrun into an MMO yet. Orcs, trolls, humans, elves and dwarves fighting it out in Seattle with guns and fireballs!

i think they'd make a mistake releasing it soon considering WoW still has a massive lead in the MMO dept, so they'd really be releasing a product competing with themselves. However, there's some big MMO's that will be out before theirs's so who knows. Still tho, there was heavyweights since WoW people thought would take a chunk out of WoW and haven't really. Warhammer, LOTR, Conan for instance. WoW just seems to get bigger and bigger.BTW I like that they're doing something new. All 3 franchises will have solid products on the market the time it's released, so time for something fresh.

more like 2015 with blizzard ***^^^^^^^^

MMOs take a shitload of time to develope. Plus, it's Blizzard. 2015 doesn't sound like a stretch lol

If it's not on console I'm not interested.  My guess is Starcraft

i see Big Pun didnt read the first post.

At the same time I hope it isnt for console either. Sure way to screw up any game is to release it for a console.

It won't be released any time soon. Blizzard takes forever to release anything, and MMO's have a very long development period.

Given that Blizz is about to release a patch for Diablo II I think it's going to be a very long time before they stop supporting wow.

gord96 - i see Big Pun didnt read the first post.

At the same time I hope it isnt for console either. Sure way to screw up any game is to release it for a console.

Don't talk dumb....there are tons of great console games, take your head out of your ass! :D

That being said I don't think MMO's will work to well with console unless you used a mouse and keyboard.

I'll be done with MMO's by then.

gord96 - star trek sounds coo. i am sick of swords and shields too. i am still shocked they didnt make shadowrun into an MMO yet. Orcs, trolls, humans, elves and dwarves fighting it out in Seattle with guns and fireballs!

I would have thought "World of Starcraft" would have been the obvious guess for their next MMORPG, but apparently not.

After playing Fallout 3, I wonder if anyone is toying with the idea of a post-apocalyptic MMORPG? Could have a mix of barren nuked-out wastelands and grunge-tech Road Warrior-style cities, etc., with an occasional Blade Runner-looking city, etc....

me too Granpa

After Arthas falls I really dont think they can do anything in WOW to keep me interested... Emerald Dream lol fuck no... Maelstrom.. who gives a shit lol

Wrath of the Lich King is WoW's swan song!

another vote for a Shadowrun MMO

DiabloIII has been in development for a while now and might be out by the end of the year.