Blizzard working on new MMO

Shadowrun would be awesome.

no I didn't read it.  I just saw new mmo franchise blah blah blah

Arthas = Lich King = the reason for people to continue playing WoW

How many more patches until you get to go into Icecrown Citadel you figure?

they have already announced that a D2 patch is in the works, patch 1.13, and a ladder reset is set for when the patch is released

The patch is just to keep people interested leading up to D3s (eventual) release.

the ladder has reset every 6 months or so going back to 2004.

Arthas=The Endgame of WOW

of course they will try and spoon people more shit but it is all gonna be garbage

That's stupid, Blizzard could come out with a new expansion called The Rise of the Terminator and make a raid where you kill the terminator and I'd still buy the shit. It's a good game. You really think anyone gives a flying fuck what the name or lore behind the monsters are that they are killing? Fuck no, it's about gear and using a giant, gaudy-looking sword or a gnomish bazooka-gun to blow people's heads off in PvP.

World of Warcraft Expansion 5:  Revenge of Darth Vader's Cousin Vinny

Yup, I'd still buy it   

chinese - 
Squatdog -  they have already announced that a D2 patch is in the works, patch 1.13, and a ladder reset is set for when the patch is released

The patch is just to keep people interested leading up to D3s (eventual) release.

the ladder has reset every 6 months or so going back to 2004.

of course
but BlizzCon is August 21
obviously D3 won't come out before BlizzCon

let's say they announce D3's release at BlizzCon and give the release date as December 20

now lets say the patch and ladder reset happen tomorrow.

that would mean 7 months of play with the new patch and ladder before the release of D3,
and I just don't think they'd do that

why would you be putting resources into a patch for a version that's about to be replaced ?
they sure don't need a patch to gain people's interest and get people playing to raise excitement
if you're 7 months from release wouldn't you be putting all your efforts into polishing and testing the final product of the new version ?

they just recently released news that they've come up with a new skill tree system for D3

maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see D3 coming out this year

The 'version' in question is NINE YEARS OLD and really doesn't require a lot of effort to add content to.

I agree that D3 probably won't be released this year though. A December release would be the absolute very earliest possible, but knowing Blizzard it will be closer to December 2010.

I know the Lich King isn't the end all be all of lore but he is the most reconizable villain and has the richest backstory. Even if he isn't the most powerful by a long shot.

No one really gives a shit about killing random dragons anymore lol or Sargeras or anyone like that... it's all about bouncing Arthas' head off the fucking curb

I hope they make it so that when you "down" Arthas that right before he dies, he stuns the entire raid and escapes with a "I'll be back" and "to be continued" and you loot a chest instead.

- or -

Scooby Doo ending:  OMG, Arthas is old man Witherspoon!!!! I woulda gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling pricks!

theseanster -  I hope they make it so that when you "down" Arthas that right before he dies, he stuns the entire raid and escapes with a "I'll be back" and "to be continued" and you loot a chest instead.

- or -

Scooby Doo ending:  OMG, Arthas is old man Witherspoon!!!! I woulda gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling pricks!

Don't hope for that....hope for an end to the madness that has taken over your life sean!

I tried getting into the lore. But i keep remembering it's all complete bullshit made up by a bitter, rejected nerd who had nothing else going on at the time.

Always kills it for me

Remember the Lich King isn't just Arthas. It's him and Ner'zhul. Both started out as "good" guys doing what they thought necessary to help their people(Ner'zhul was the Orcs chief Shaman and got tricked by Kil'Jaedan into abandoning shamnism and tacking up as warlocks).

Am inagining that by killing them, you split them into individuals again, and some sort of redemption shit.

you still playing tony?

Not at the moment.

Got the replacement hard disk today(Solid State, as seen on the GG), so am back in play. Still playing Fallout 3. Prolly back in WoW in the summer. Hows the French server?

since the move of blizzard HQ ALL servers are french lol

I'm still playing on Dai'lee Mah'hul. They don;t hold no truck with foreigners

billyzane - 
theseanster -  I hope they make it so that when you "down" Arthas that right before he dies, he stuns the entire raid and escapes with a "I'll be back" and "to be continued" and you loot a chest instead.

- or -

Don't hope for that....hope for an end to the madness that has taken over your life sean!
You're right, being an IT consultant has been really dragging me down for years man.   :(

BaldTony - Remember the Lich King isn't just Arthas. It's him and Ner'zhul. Both started out as "good" guys doing what they thought necessary to help their people(Ner'zhul was the Orcs chief Shaman and got tricked by Kil'Jaedan into abandoning shamnism and tacking up as warlocks).

Am inagining that by killing them, you split them into individuals again, and some sort of redemption shit.

The vast majority of WoW's player population wouldn't give a crap about any of this.

dude I have no clue who arthas or the lich king or whatever is. I thought it was just the name of the expansion and a new character.