BLOWOUT!

Amanda Nunes kicked Shaina Baszler several times on the side of her left knee. The last kick caused the knee to blow out and Baazler collapsed to the floor in obvious pain. Nobody is saying boo. When Bones Jones and Alistair Overeem use front kicks to the kneecap, causing nothing other than speculation, everyone screams about how "dirty" they fight. What gives?

Leg kicks... how do they work? Phone Post 3.0

. Phone Post 3.0

Don't know what else to say about this thread. Just a fucking dot Phone Post 3.0

This thread seems dumb and the techniques being compared are nothing alike.

Yawn. Phone Post 3.0

LOL @ DMV. I've been there.
Garden variety leg kicks go to the muscles and make them cramp, making movement painful. Nunes's kicks were aimed at the lateral aspect of the joint, possibly causing damage to ligaments and other connective tissue, if not intended to do so.
Don't get me wrong; it's a fight and all is fair but biting and eye gouging, but you asked what the difference is.

Diesel67 - LOL @ DMV. I've been there.
Garden variety leg kicks go to the muscles and make them cramp, making movement painful. Nunes's kicks were aimed at the lateral aspect of the joint, possibly causing damage to ligaments and other connective tissue, if not intended to do so.
Don't get me wrong; it's a fight and all is fair but biting and eye gouging, but you asked what the difference is.

People don't have a problem with lateral kicks to the knee which are usually aimed more at the muscle. What people find aggravating are the oblique kicks below the knee which are very difficult to defend because they come out so quickly from a blind angle. Plus they have a heightened chance of injuring fighters. OP, you're comparing apples and oranges. 

DirtehSneakehs - Because that you're being sexist by assuming these girls are delicate porcelain dolls that need tissues for their issues. Phone Post 3.0

LOL. A tampon in your locker :)