Blue Blood MMA IA..bounced check warning

Blue Blood MMA, a local show in the Quad Cities of IA/IL has been writing bad checks to the radio station, local fighters and a cage rental company. Word at the gym is, they also owe money to Spencer Fisher's new gym.

I know for a fact they owe money to Monte Cox aka The Godfather.

TTT this for me...Thanks

ttties, I don't want to see anyone get burned.

ttt

Dude, I was going to MFS for a little bit for training, had good times.

I can say Blue Blood MMA are crooks and scabs as far as the word at MFS.

I was told by the fighters at MFS almost word for word what you just posted.

In fact I know the cage owner they bounced the check to. Too bad Spencer is in with these bozos.

Who are they anyway, I went to their show in down town Davenport and it sucked. Unless you like getting mean mugged by a bunch of hood rats. I thought the Quad Cities was full of great MMA, well guess again.

You guys are pretty quick to jump on this and support the thread of a dude with 2 posts.

No thought of fact checking first?

I am not saying this isn't true, but for fucks sake, it's not like mfsiowa is a legit source.

GuyFromNantucket "may" have supported the claims but not before some guys (mod included) jumped the shark.

How about I know the radio Rep that works for Cumulis broadcasting and he just confirmed this.

So yes hey fucked the radios station on payment. Also if you want I can give you the number for the cage rental guy and ask him about it I am sure he will give you an ear full. Where there is smoke there is fire.

So what if some guy has two post, does that make him a fibber and story teller? STFU!

"it's not like mfsiowa is a legit source"I have made a few calls about Blue Blood today and I can back up my story....

Monte Cox is the owner of the Extreme Challenge shows and I know for a fact they owe Extreme Challenge a lot of money from a show that went bad under the name Blue Blood MMA.

I also have the name of the cage owner they wrote a bad check to. He's a old school fighter that lives near the Quad Cities.

One of the fighters they wrote a bad check, trains with Spencer Fisher. This is a fact and I also have his name. Fighter are under paid to start with and we don't need this.

likatiga - You guys are pretty quick to jump on this and support the thread of a dude with 2 posts.

I am not saying this isn't true, but for fucks sake, it's not like mfsiowa is a legit source.

GuyFromNantucket "may" have supported the claims but not before some guys (mod included) jumped the shark.

Who are you again? You say I support the claim and jumped the shark? What are you talking about? I simply "ttt" the thread.

I am a local promoter in the area with a good reputation, and there are others in the area that have good reputations, but I have heard these rumors (and know some facts) about this guy and was bumping it to the top to see what other info will be reported. I am not twelve, I know the difference between rumors and facts.

So, before you claim that I am just piling on...I will give you a "FACT". One of our local advertising outlets that we both use CONFIRMED that this guy bounced a check, and even though we have ALWAYS paid within 30 days after our show, almost made us pay cash up front BEFORE doing business with us, because of what this guy is doing. This promoter was specifically mentioned. Thankfully, our reputation is much more solid than this guys and we didn't have to be punished because of him. I could go on, but for the record, there is a LOT of truth in what the original poster says, and I want to see what other info comes out of this.

Another fact. This guy wants to use, and has used some our fighters in his shows, and I have been warned that he owes some fighters money. I would also like to know if this is true.

This local area is a (relatively) small area, and when words gets out it travels fast. The reputable companies work together, and don't really step on each other's toes. However, when one show messes up, it reflects on the rest of us.

I now hear that Chris from Blue Blood MMA is working with Mercenary MMA in Iowa City. I know little about Mercenary MMA but working with Chris from Blue Blood can only hurt your reputation.

likatiga - You guys are pretty quick to jump on this and support the thread of a dude with 2 posts.

Do you actually know what "jumped the shark" means? No googling now.

"Do you actually know what "jumped the shark" means"Cool.."passed their peak"....I'm guessing he didn't know. lol

UG please ttt this for local fighters...Thanks

BZLJJ - 

Who are you again?

This local area is a (relatively) small area, and when words gets out it travels fast. The reputable companies work together, and don't really step on each other's toes. However, when one show messes up, it reflects on the rest of us.

Cool, now the guy with two post's story has been supported by somebody who's got a reputation. That's all i was looking for. Sorry if i offended anybody.

GuyFromNantucket: I will promptly STFU, thank you.

HexRei: You got me good. I googled it (sorry). I always thought it was funny UG slang for "jumping the gun". I work in film too!

mfsiowa: sorry dude.

likatiga,

Sorry if I got defensive, however my words are all still true. I work too hard at what I do, and I am proud of the show that we (Travis and I) put on. This guy is really starting to step on toes, and it is affecting the other promotions.

I see what you are getting at though. Most guys with only a few posts that make a thread like this have an agenda, and are usually HALF of the "real" story. So, I see why you posted what you did. But, I can definitely confirm that the original poster has the facts as I understand them too.

Your reaction (apology) is very classy, and now I feel dumb! lol

By the way, MFSIOWA, any chance you can email me at jiujitsu.ron@gmail.com? I would be interested to hear/share some info. Thanks!

John,

Fortunately, or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, most of the local fighters aren't like that. Also, many of the fighters sell the tickets to their friends/family, so they would actually be the one to suffer if they pulled a stunt like that. I just think people need to be aware that this guy had no clue about MMA and didn't participate in any type of MMA before he got into the promoting side of MMA in this area (which is fairly recently). His old company "White Ape", no longer exists, although I don't know the details of that.  Everyone else in this area is associated with having trained in MMA. This guy is just a good (that's debatable) "businessman". If need be, I will pull out more stories, but for now, I want to sit back and see what becomes of this thread.

:)

"can email me at jiujitsu.ron@gmail.com"Sure can....Chupacabra Challenge is a great little show and growing. Extreme Challenge has been around forever. Now this Chris guys comes around with Blue Blood and you hear nothing but bad about the show.

Please ttt this...........

TTT

BZLJJ, got your message, all good man.

mfsiowa - "can email me at jiujitsu.ron@gmail.com"Sure can....Chupacabra Challenge is a great little show and growing. Extreme Challenge has been around forever. Now this Chris guys comes around with Blue Blood and you hear nothing but bad about the show.

Please ttt this...........

Thank you for the kind words! We work our butts off, and I know that Extreme Challenge does too. We definitely don't need this here, because it affects all of us. I never realized how a bad show can affect other shows until I got into the "business" side of MMA. As a fan, I never gave it much thought. But, apparently the fans now (and fighters) are smarter than me, because they know and talk about the different shows! lol

ttt

ttt