Bluetooth Noise Cancelling Headphones?

What’s the best bang for the buck? Been looking on Amazon and it’s hard to trust some of the reviews. 

Been through three pairs recently. I have to have earbuds because of my cauliflower ear. I just picked up Beastx wireless earbuds frlm

best buy for $109. So far they’re the best over all. I really liked the jaybirds freedoms, but they kept falling out.

Best I’ve used are Bose.  The noise canceling feature is overpowered but that’s great on a bus or plane.

I've been looking at these too. Were you going over-ear or in-ear? I think over-ear is better for noise cancelling

White347LX -

Best I’ve used are Bose.  The noise canceling feature is overpowered but that’s great on a bus or plane.

Bose is supposed to have the absolute best noise cancelling tech from everybody I've spoken to. They're also 300 or north

Nobody's noise cancellation is better than Bose's.

We just had this discussion at work since whole office needed ones. We had Sony mdr 1000, Plantronics voyager and bose 35 as test models. I got pair of boses and they are/were the best. All models over ear. 

Hi_KKM -

I've been looking at these too. Were you going over-ear or in-ear? I think over-ear is better for noise cancelling

Over ear

soshje -

We just had this discussion at work since whole office needed ones. We had Sony mdr 1000, Plantronics voyager and bose 35 as test models. I got pair of boses and they are/were the best. All models over ear. 

Yep for work and plane

Bose is the best for noise cancelling for sure but expensive 

Rahjai MD -

Bose is the best for noise cancelling for sure but expensive 

Is there anything decent for a lower price?

i like my bose ear bud style blue tooth. They were around $150 and sound fantastic.

I have the bose over ear... they are awesome.  Can't hear shit around you.

Best value are AKG by far. Sony high end are as good as BOSE. Best for sound quality are probably Audio Technica but I don't think they have noise cancelling, I can't remember

I have the Bose. Work fantastic on planes and such

I am not an audiophile by any stretch. I am sure there are pretty kickass headphones. Several years ago, I won a pair of Beats Studio Pros at a raffle. I think they sound fantastic, but rarely use them, only when traveling. They "looked" nice too, at a time when every other consumer headphone company were black, and put black marshmellows over your ear. I felt like Princess Leia walking around. So props for Beats for at least making a nice looking product even though true fans of music said they sucked ass. I found mine to be fine.

I was recently in the apple store and noticed they had their new line of beats, with noise canceling tech. I put them on and it was like I was in an isolation chamber. It was pretty damn rock solid.

Now every company under the sun makes a Beats-esque looking pair of headphones, so who knows. 

I also came across this video recently. 

TaoTronics is a good buy. I’ve had Bose and Sony and with heavy travel use they both crapped out after warranty. I bought the TaoTronics on Amazon for under $80 and they are great. I listen mostly to podcasts or watch movies and they are perfect for that. The noise canceling is great as well. Plus the battery life is outstanding. Perfect for overseas flights.

I’m not an audiophile and will never pay for expensive headphones again. 

Sony caught up to Bose & B&O cancelling tech with the MDR-1000X, & surpassed it with the 1000Xm2. If your primary interest is in noise cancelling, that's the model currently available in retail stores that will give you the most audio rejection. You can A/B that & confirm it to be true in most Fry's & Best Buys.

But they sell for $300-350 like most of the top shelf NC stuff, so I'm guessing that's not what OP wants.

I can't speak to boutique & online-only stuff.

BarkLikeADog - Sony caught up to Bose & B&O cancelling tech with the MDR-1000X, & surpassed it with the 1000Xm2. If your primary interest is in noise cancelling, that's the model currently available in retail stores that will give you the most audio rejection. You can A/B that & confirm it to be true in most Fry's & Best Buys.

But they sell for $300-350 like most of the top shelf NC stuff, so I'm guessing that's not what OP wants.

I can't speak to boutique & online-only stuff.

Maybe but want to try something lower first to see if it meets my needs. If not, I’ll move up

Koma -

TaoTronics is a good buy. I’ve had Bose and Sony and with heavy travel use they both crapped out after warranty. I bought the TaoTronics on Amazon for under $80 and they are great. I listen mostly to podcasts or watch movies and they are perfect for that. The noise canceling is great as well. Plus the battery life is outstanding. Perfect for overseas flights.

I’m not an audiophile and will never pay for expensive headphones again. 

Model?