Bmx

Anyone still ride their bmx bike? Starting to get back into riding again and looking for another bike. I’ve had this bike since 2000-2001 took me a few years to save up for one. Mowing lawns and shoveling snow a few seasons. Brought the bike into a shop to have a few things adjusted while I was busy with work. This bike has lasted for years and still holds up, a bit on the heavier side but has held up so well. Hoffman dirty one thirty. 

Yo!  got an '87 GT pro free tour team model (originally hot pink, like a boss) and an '83 Schwinn Predator 24" bmx cruiser retro.

Ride at least once a week.

Lancifer -

Yo!  got an '87 GT pro free tour team model (originally hot pink, like a boss) and an '83 Schwinn Predator 24" bmx cruiser retro.

Ride at least once a week.

Old school bikes that for sure. I’ve been looking at getting another bike but everything is sold out. I could probably build one by getting parts and such. 

The bike/skate parks are all closed here in NJ. Just street riding. Love it. 

Dope bike 

Nice bike

for some reason around here, the low life/meth head/homeless population has taken to bmxing around town instead of shuffling or pushing shopping carts

i have no idea why, othere than it's probably easier to steal bikes from children, but i feel bad for people that actually like to ride bmx. my brother in law was a flatlander pro back in the day and i can see the pain in his face when we drive by a meth couple pedaling over to the methadone clinic.

I'm way too old for that shit but in the late 70s/early 80s (that's 1970s, for all of you millenials who don't believe the wheel had actually been invented yet back then) I had a red Webco Curb Jumper.  Rode that thing everywhere.

If you were into the scene back in the early to mid '90s, pretty much everyone you used to regularly see & read about in the magazines is on Facebook. I've had a few conversations with Billy Griggs and will admit that I fanboyed a little. lol

I still think it'd be fun to get a bike and try masters novice racing (but 20" - not cruiser).

There's just not any tracks anywhere even close to me.

angryinch -

I'm way too old for that shit but in the late 70s/early 80s (that's 1970s, for all of you millenials who don't believe the wheel had actually been invented yet back then) I had a red Webco Curb Jumper.  Rode that thing everywhere.

LOL, did you use a rock as a ball for baseball too? 

have no idea what that bike is but going to check it out. 

Also - it still seriously blows that BMX Plus! went out of business.

Every time I think about it or see a pic of one online, I feel like a significant part of my childhood died.

1 Like

Wiggy -

If you were into the scene back in the early to mid '90s, pretty much everyone you used to regularly see & read about in the magazines is on Facebook. I've had a few conversations with Billy Griggs and will admit that I fanboyed a little. lol

I still think it'd be fun to get a bike and try masters novice racing (but 20" - not cruiser).

There's just not any tracks anywhere even close to me.

I got into bmx the first time I saw Hoffman in the x-games but could never get a decent bike until the one I still have. I had to have been in the 5th or 6th grade when I got it. I watch all the old videos from road fools/props from way back when. What state or city are you in that there aren’t any tracks around? 

I Know Mat Hoffman. The guy is a scumbag weirdo

No, but John Hicks for life on the youtubes

Erik Apple -

Really? Never heard of any odd or weird stories just watched him ride when I was a kid. 

My 99 Schwinn automatic is in storage. I'm missing some parts too :(

I wish I had my bikes from the 90's

GT Mach 2 was my race bike, had a GT Vertigo for my free bike  I built from the frame up, pressing bearing cups with chunks of 2"x4" and a C clamp.  A PK Ripper it bought at a garage sale for $20(someone's son who was at college must have been pissed) that was my throw down bike.  First bike was a old 80's era mongoose with fat tires, it must have weighed 30 pounds.  

1 Like

sewich -

I wish I had my bikes from the 90's

GT Mach 2 was my race bike, had a GT Vertigo for my free bike  I built from the frame up, pressing bearing cups with chunks of 2"x4" and a C clamp.  A PK Ripper it bought at a garage sale for $20(someone's son who was at college must have been pissed) that was my throw down bike.  First bike was a old 80's era mongoose with fat tires, it must have weighed 30 pounds.  

Growing up in the late 90s and early 2000s if you didn’t have a GT dyno you were not cool. Funny thing is every kid that I knew who had one bragged about it but had the bike stolen within a week. 

Erik Apple -

Never heard that but he has had massive brain damage. 

I still have my 20" Mongoose from 93 but it needs some work and is too small for me now. I'd like to get something decent and ride around now. Skating again would be fun too but I would definitely kill myself.