Bob Arum is the problem

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article19251.html

And he's been a problem for years. I'm just providing the evidence that neither fighter is scared of each other, they want the fight to happen. If you read the article even Arum's son in law Todd Deboeff is irate with him. Arum is getting senile and a lot of this is personal to him. He's trying to sabotage the fight because he doesn't want Manny losing to Floyd. I know most as myself are frustrated the fight hasn't happened and pissed this shit is still going on. But it's Arum that needs to take full blame.

Mayweather isnt scared of Pacquiao - he doesn't want to deal with Bob Arum or make that guy any money.

All I'll say is that I think manny has always wanted that fight a lot more than Floyd.

Floyd is so good at marketing himself - if the problem was really Arum then I think Floyd would have made that abundantly clear to the public. Instead, the general perception is that he has been ducking Pacquiao and I think there's a lot of truth to that. Phone Post 3.0

It's always been Arum. A lot of people who comment on this fight really don't know the story behind Mayweather and Arum. Or really know a lot about Arum in general, the guy is a world class A hole.

And of course its really easy to blame/hate Mayweather because of his brash personality, but to say hes scared is just ridiculous.

And for the record I don't like Mayweather but I think he takes the W by a rather dominant decision. His foot work, jab and straight right are his best weapons and all things that negate a southpaw fighter who throws high number combos. I think they exchange rounds for like the first 6 and then Floyd wins out the rest.

Thread is correct Phone Post 3.0

Agree

It's absolutely never going to happen until Arum is out of the picture and he'll never step down. He goes on about how Mayweather is "Hitler" but at the end of the day it was him that(allegedly)withheld money from Floyd so i can definitely see why he wouldn't want Arum to make any money from this fight. Phone Post 3.0

The boxing promoter talks to FanHouse's Ariel Helwani about why Pacquaio vs. Mayweather will never happen and why he detests MMA.

I have also blamed Arum for years for this fight not happening. He needs to step back and just let it happen like the way all fans and the two fighters wanna make it happen. Phone Post 3.0

Why would floyd duck manny. That's so ridiculous. Of course he will fight him.

The difference between manny and every other fighter floyd has fought is that floyd gets to dictate every single term of every fight that he fights in. He sets all the terms.

They just didn't come together the first time on all the details. They weren't ducking eachother.

Manny has been knocked down a few pegs by losing a ridiculous decision and then getting knocked out. He doesn't have the leverage to not agree to floyds terms now.

So the fight is a lot more likely to come together now. Arum and Manny need to just let floyd run this one. Apparently he's agreed to the 60/40 split, they should just cave on every other issue and get the fight to happen. Manny has no leverage and the only way he will ever get it back is to fight floyd and win.

Then he can state the terms on the rematch, which will be an even bigger money fight.

can't stand Arum but lol@ fighthype.  doesn't moneyteam own that site?

no, people just talk shit on them because Floyd actually gives them the time and day. Kevin Iole was running the story as well. 

just look at Arum's history of lies and bs. 

ThatKickDidntHurooooooooohhhhhhhh - All I'll say is that I think manny has always wanted that fight a lot more than Floyd.

Floyd is so good at marketing himself - if the problem was really Arum then I think Floyd would have made that abundantly clear to the public. Instead, the general perception is that he has been ducking Pacquiao and I think there's a lot of truth to that. Phone Post 3.0

he's stated in interviews how he feels and what he thinks of Arum.

I must say that I was always one of the ones putting the bulk of the blame on Mayweather.

Looks like Arum was and is an obstacle, and a significant one at that.

The egg is on my face right now.

PTM2020 - 

can't stand Arum but lol@ fighthype.  doesn't moneyteam own that site?

It's a Kevin Iole (Yahoo) article they are talking about.

cottamit.  had to give fighthype my click and read the article.

if ever i see Arum in person Imma kick him in the nutts

Jamien604 - Why would floyd duck manny. That's so ridiculous. Of course he will fight him.

The difference between manny and every other fighter floyd has fought is that floyd gets to dictate every single term of every fight that he fights in. He sets all the terms.

They just didn't come together the first time on all the details. They weren't ducking eachother.

Manny has been knocked down a few pegs by losing a ridiculous decision and then getting knocked out. He doesn't have the leverage to not agree to floyds terms now.

So the fight is a lot more likely to come together now. Arum and Manny need to just let floyd run this one. Apparently he's agreed to the 60/40 split, they should just cave on every other issue and get the fight to happen. Manny has no leverage and the only way he will ever get it back is to fight floyd and win.

Then he can state the terms on the rematch, which will be an even bigger money fight.

Untrue, look back to the Mayweather De La Hoya fight. Floyd bent over backwards to make that fight work, and he should have. He let Oscar pick the venue, weight, and gloves.

Now Floyd is in the position like De La Hoya was. He owns his own promotion and he generates more revenue so therefore hes going to take more money and dictate more things.

and that brings it back to the point. Arum, and Its funny to say in a topic including Mayweather, his ego wont let it happen. If Arum isnt top dog in charge he doesnt want anything to do with it. Like when Mayweather left Arum didnt pay him and publicly said he would never work with Floyd again.

Good post Spaulding.

look at how many fighters Arum had/have issues with. It pains Arum because Floyd left him, and Floyd deals with another Harvard graduate in Al Haymon, who I know Arum hates.

Aldo's... Floyd is scared. Phone Post 3.0

Also* Phone Post 3.0