Bob Arum likes the UFC but dislikes mma

Thats like saying, "oh I like the dallas Cowboys, but i freaking hate football." This old guy make no sense. I feel bad taking a jab at him because his son died last week, but, he still makes no sense what so ever...

blah blah, i will refrain from talking shit on arum only for the sole reason of what you said about his son dying.

The guy is getting delusional in his old age..

stop_it_right_meow - Thats like saying, "oh I like the dallas Cowboys, but i freaking hate football." This old guy make no sense. I feel bad taking a jab at him because his son died last week, but, he still makes no sense what so ever...
I actually know a lot of people like this. "Fans" of a hometown team, but never watch the sport.

He didn't even say he was a fan of the UFC as far as watching it, he was giving props to those who run it. Nothing wrong with that.

Arum has went on the record many times praising the UFC for how they conduct business and the presentations of their shows, he just doesn't like MMA.

Can't expect everyone to like it, at least he isn't being a complete hater.

ajjr0ller - 
stop_it_right_meow - Thats like saying, "oh I like the dallas Cowboys, but i freaking hate football." This old guy make no sense. I feel bad taking a jab at him because his son died last week, but, he still makes no sense what so ever...
I actually know a lot of people like this. "Fans" of a hometown team, but never watch the sport.

So contradictary right? It makes no sense to me. Oh i like the lakers but i dont really watch basketball...wtf!

Thecorrect analogy would be I like Dr Jerry Buss but I dont' like the NBA. 

Or

I like Jerry Jones and his mnagement team, but I don't like the NFL.

Arum likes and respects the UFC brass but he doesn't like MMA.  It really shuldny be that difficult to understand. 

hmmm

SinCityHustler just shit all over this thread. Phone Post

its like saying I like domino's but I don't like pizza

He respects the UFC as an organisation but doesn't like MMA. No big deal here. Phone Post

Steps -  He respects the UFC as an organisation but doesn't like MMA. No big deal here. Phone Post

This. I'm sure a bunch of people don't like MMA but like how the UFC promotes itself. No big deal at all.

Arum is a Zuffa zombie

Not seeing how the entire UFC is = to the Cowboys? Cowboys is 1 team/Fighter. It is like sayiing he likes NFL (biggest org) but hates NCAA (smaller orgs) or playing the sport himself.

Juzz -  Not seeing how the entire UFC is = to the Cowboys? Cowboys is 1 team/Fighter. It is like sayiing he likes NFL (biggest org) but hates NCAA (smaller orgs) or playing the sport himself.

No, he is saying that he likes the UFC as a business but hates MMA as a sport. MMA is the sport, not UFC. UFC like the NFL is just the biggest brand of the sport. So in your analogy it wouldn't be NCAA, it would just be that he hates the sport of American football period.

It's like saying: I admire the way Microsoft is run but I use a Mac.

He's a little crazy, but he's a promoter too.  It's all business for Arum until he goes on one of his rants like he did with Ariel.

Who cares? I can't understand all the people who get so upset over someone when they say "I don't like MMA." Really, you care what an old man likes and doesn't like? Not news worthy IMO.

^ because for years he has been one of the most powerful men in combat sports...