Bob Sapp Vs. Alistair Overeem Arm Wrestling

Reem Vs. Sapp Is at 19:59 into the video

Watch the whole thing it's awesome Mark Hunt and Sakuraba are in the arm wrestling tournament as well. 

Part 1

Part 2

Thanks for posting part 1,I had no idea so many other people were in it!

Now i have to go see if mark hunt wins lol

I damn near spit my soda out at 21:40 when Sapp flexed and they cut to the Japanese woman. I don't need a translation to read her face. I think we can all agree on what her thoughts were at that moment! Phone Post

. Phone Post

Reem looked noticeably softer. could be lighting? could be reality......

I tried to look for the name of the show and I found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zRf1evoZzY

BadrMilk - Oh wait, I just watched the whole thing, the last guy was the real arm wrestler, I forgot his name, pretty incredible how quickly and easily he beat Sapp.

Yeah it was so fast!

ufc98newb - 

Reem looked noticeably softer. could be lighting? could be reality......

He was just standing next to Bob Sapp. Everyone looks softer next to Sapp.

Jons Forsberg - interesting Mark Hunt appears to have more arm strenght than Overeem based on their matches against Sapp.

Its not mainly about strength. Watch the skinny Chinese guy that beats saku look at how they fight over grip before it starts. That guy had wrapped his whole wrist around saku I knew he would win just on that, along with yanking your body down. Also can turn it into battle of biceps if you turn your wrist enough Phone Post

For general information, of course the referees are not highly trained in official arm wrestling rules. The grip at the beginning should be neutral - a knuckle up top from each arm wrestler should be showing. Wrists should be straight at the start, and the hands in the center of the table.

There are alot of styles in arm wrestling, and there is a counter for every move. It is about strength and technique, but in the higher levels of AW its about who is stronger, as everyone knows the same techniques. As far as moving your body along with your arm, that is simply proper technique to protect your arm. If you watch overeems first match on part one of this series, he uses all shoulder - like a shoulder press to defeat his opponent. That is commonly used to finish opponents on the pro levels, but for an amatuer its not something you want to do against a pro, very easy to hurt yourself, no matter how strong you are.

As an arm wrestler and obssessive fan of MMA, this was so much fun to watch and see the guys enjoying it. The Japanese put on some awesome shows and enjoy the entertainment.

as far as "battle of the biceps" by turned in your wrists, as most amateur arm wrestlers will do and are familiar with, that is called a HOOK - it is not only bicep, but lets, lower pec, and wrist/hand control - as to control how deep into the hook you go, as that can determine a match in itself depending on how strong and where the strength lies in an opponent. Most people who dont arm wrestle competitively will never know how awesome and how technical the sport is.

not that it would have mattered against a professional - but they allowed that match to start on the pros side of the table - huge advantage against to evenly matched opponents.

the biggest of body builders and overall STRONG JACKED guys, will get beat QUICK by wiry 150 pound armwrestler who are pros in the sport - not through technique alone, through years and years of developing SICK tendon strength, allowing them to hold a TON of force - doing the types of workouts most never even think of doing to rise in the sport.

check out a guy called corey flash miller - small guy, goes to tournaments and competes in every weight class many times taking home 4 golds left and right hand, has an insane training regimen, i watch him on youtube all the time

not that it would have mattered against a professional - but they allowed that match to start on the pros side of the table - huge advantage against to evenly matched opponents.

the biggest of body builders and overall STRONG JACKED guys, will get beat QUICK by wiry 150 pound armwrestler who are pros in the sport - not through technique alone, through years and years of developing SICK tendon strength, allowing them to hold a TON of force - doing the types of workouts most never even think of doing to rise in the sport.

check out a guy called corey flash miller - small guy, goes to tournaments and competes in every weight class many times taking home 4 golds left and right hand, has an insane training regimen, i watch him on youtube all the time

What's the name of the show (in any language)?

Here's an older clip of another game Overeem plays

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTtn-GYKWQY

fakeposterssuck - not that it would have mattered against a professional - but they allowed that match to start on the pros side of the table - huge advantage against to evenly matched opponents.

Keep going man what's the weight of corey flash miller?

fakeposterssuck, what's your opinion of X-ARM? It's arm-wrestling meets MMA (or at least striking).

gary goodridge is salivating somewhere