Bobby Green vs. Jim Miller Added to 276

2 Likes

The upcoming UFC 276 pay-per-view (PPV) event — set to go down on July 2, 2022, in Las Vegas, Nevada — is already loaded with one intriguing bout after another, but Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) matchmakers aren’t quite done stacking the deck.

Bobby Green has been booked to battle Jim Miller at the PPV extravaganza, according Team Iridium Sports Agency, which manages Green. The surging Lightweight recently had his two-fight win streak snapped at the hands of top contender, Islam Makhachev, in February of this year.
As for Miller, he has won two in a row against Erick Gonzalez and Nikolas Motta, both via second round technical (knockout). The fight will be the long-time veteran’s fortieth inside the Octagon, a company record.

This two were initially booked to fight back in 2014 at UFC 172, but Green bowed out of the fight with an injury. In 2021, the duo was set to fight at UFC 258 before the fight was canceled the day before the show after “King” collapsed shorty after weighing in.

UFC 276 will feature a Middleweight title fight as Israel Adesanya defends his belt against Jared Cannonier. In the co-main event, Alexander Volkanovski will defend his Featherweight belt against Max Holloway in a trilogy fight. Further on down the card, Robbie Lawler takes on Bryan Barberena, while Sean O’Malley battles Pedro Munhoz.

That’s a good fight but I feel they could have went somewhere else with Miller

2 Likes

Hope Miller takes this.

1 Like

Like what?

Pick Em

I felt the same with Bobby, guy had a good run, lost a banger to Fiziev, nutted up short notice against Islam. Him vs. Diaz is one I want to see, they’re probably about the same level (stfu if you think otherwise, Diaz is 1-3 the last 6 years) and have that reckless striking. Both got the retarded thug act going, could be a fun lead up.

1 Like

Excellent fight … Can see either guy winning or losing tbh …

Cool match up. Wonder if Nate can be assed making 155

I wish he would. Imagine if he’d stuck to 155 and went to wrestling practice at the community college twice a week instead of just complaining about wrestlers. Could’ve been a great.

1 Like

This card will be one for the ages

I was hoping for this
17.-Bobby-Green-def.-Erik-Koch (1)

5 Likes

Not for Bobby Green

1 Like

Gotta love Bobby, he just signs on to fight whoever they put in front of him. He deserved a bigger name after the short notice fight IMO.

I consider Jim Miller to be a legend of the sport and an honor to fight him?

2 Likes

For sure, but Bobby could’ve gotten someone more relevant rankings wise. What does beating Jim do for him? Feels like an easy W off a name, guess that IS his reward.

Rumor is this fight is off, and Bobby will face another grappler at a later point.

1 Like