Bocek: Decent skills and bikini shots = UFC

Juggernautt - He was on the mma hour

Came off super bitter and hateful

Sorry bro you never got a title shot, instead of wine and complain, worry about yourself

He was mad that some women were Co main eventing and main eventing who only trained a few years (he was referring to liz carmouche)

He was saying how some guys who have trained their whole lifes are behind on the card is despicable

It doesn't matter how long you've trained, if you're good enough in your division then you are

Wasn't Jones only in mma for 3 or 4 years before being champ?

He also complains how grapplers don't get promoted and the ufc only cares about strikers

Yet his longtime teammate gsp was a grappler, Brock was a grappler, ronda is. Grappler, half the Champions are Grapplers

Bocek was talking out of his Ass in my opinion Phone Post 3.0
I don't think I was listening to the same interview. I thought he was forthright, and showed a lot of restraint at the same time. He wasn't complaining so much as telling it like it is. He said he retired because at the end of the day the cost-benefit for his body and psyche just wasn't worth it. Phone Post 3.0

Lost a fan, stop whinging dude Phone Post 3.0

http://i57.tinypic.com/259j0b7.jpg

inf0 - Bocek is on fire lately.

He's a flamethrower Phone Post 3.0

Tell it how it is Mr Bocek. Phone Post 3.0

I_lov3_JUSTIN_BIEBER - Mark speaks the truth. Phone Post 3.0

Lol, of course he's dead right. Goofy fuckers have run mma into the ditch.

I haven't bothered with it for a while now.

inf0 - Bocek is on fire lately.

The muzzle is off!!!!

Wait a second.... are you telling me that sex sells?

Have not bought a PPV since they put women on. The quality just isn't there yet it still gets rammed down our throats. Phone Post 3.0

man meets tate -
BirdWatcher - 
man meets tate -
Juggernautt - He was on the mma hour

Sorry bro you never got a title shot, instead of wine and complain, worry about yourself

He was mad that some women were Co main eventing and main eventing who only trained a few years (he was referring to liz carmouche)

He was saying how some guys who have trained their whole lifes are behind on the card is despicable

It doesn't matter how long you've trained, if you're good enough in your division then you are

He also complains how grapplers don't get promoted and the ufc only cares about strikers

Yet his longtime teammate gsp was a grappler, Brock was a grappler, ronda is. Grappler, half the Champions are Grapplers

excellent post

hopefully they will stop giving him platform in the media soon enough so we can be spared his illogical ramblings

Whether you agree with him or not the guys made a living from MMA and has a lot more insight on these topics then 99% of the UG. To make the comment that you hope the media takes away his platform to talk is hilarious seeing as he probably gets paid for the interview while you pay to be an anonamous poster on a website and you aren't exactly popular. Phone Post 3.0

ok?...

and women fighting in the ufc now are making more than him which, ironically, is what he is so mad about

I wonder why he isn't taking issue with 125lb division taking 'his' spot on the card hmm... would make as much sense

once this jealous never-was stops getting attention for making inflammatory statements about steroids in the sport or women in the ufc his 15 minutes are going to be over pretty soon bra

False equivalency. The 125ers are elite fighters. His issue was with an inferior product being placed on prominent display. Whether or not you want to call it bitching, it's exactly what's unfolding. Phone Post 3.0

man meets tate - 
BirdWatcher - 
man meets tate -
Juggernautt - He was on the mma hour

excellent post

hopefully they will stop giving him platform in the media soon enough so we can be spared his illogical ramblings

Whether you agree with him or not the guys made a living from MMA and has a lot more insight on these topics then 99% of the UG. To make the comment that you hope the media takes away his platform to talk is hilarious seeing as he probably gets paid for the interview while you pay to be an anonamous poster on a website and you aren't exactly popular. Phone Post 3.0

ok?...

and women fighting in the ufc now are making more than him which, ironically, is what he is so mad about

I wonder why he isn't taking issue with 125lb division taking 'his' spot on the card hmm... would make as much sense

once this jealous never-was stops getting attention for making inflammatory statements about steroids in the sport or women in the ufc his 15 minutes are going to be over pretty soon bra

CRE - It's a money making sports entertainment business and not a real sports league.

When the UFC passed on Ben Askren it became abundantly clear that the competition aspect is secondary to the entertainment aspect.

The reality is that the best WW is not fighting in the UFC.
TRUTH Phone Post 3.0

mada - The UFC are assholes and should pay fighters more.-UG

The UFC are assholes because they put fighters that sell above better fighters and vets on the same card.-UG

Which is it guys? You can't really have both. I like Bocek and understand his frustrations from his viewpoint. However, he's gotta understand that if Ronda has big numbers then lots of guys who are talented just won't be as important to the business. Because it's a privately owned business, not a sports league. Phone Post 3.0
I think the issue is Rousey is a phenomenon, and she deserves to headline a card. However, the rest of the WMMA infrastructure just isn't there. The UFC essentially created a division to justify her inclusion. They openly admitted it from the start. The result is a weird talent disparity on fight cards.

I'm not sure the UFC even knows exactly how to combat the issue. Any other time they added a division or an org folded into the roster, they were able to cherry pick the best fighters and enhance the product. Even the 125-pound division, small as it is at the moment, guarantees some very high-level fighters every time they appear on a card. With WMMA they are scrounging for anything outside of the Ronda sphere. Phone Post 3.0

AustintheWolfe - Wait a second.... are you telling me that sex sells?
Exactly! Lol Really weird interview.

Cindy Phone Post 3.0

Bocek is too talented and has too much left in the tank to call it a career. As far as Bocek's comments on the women's division, I think a 20 year old who is 3-1 with 1 of the W's being a split decision win could use some seasoning in Invicta before being rushed to the big stage. As pointed out earlier, Ben Askren shoulda been signed up the day he became a FA but there's so much to that story behind the scenes. It's a shame to see such a talented guy fighting even worse competition than what he was seeing in Bellator.

So not only does this MMA meets Fate faggot spam WMMA thread all fucking day and cluttering up the front page with Ronda drama, he just called Mark fucking Bocek as a never was nobody. Well done mods, wonder why no one wants to come here anymore.

Im not sure if the whole bikini thing is as much as he thinks. On one hand, it could be that he's sticking up for the women fighters that are legit talented but arent of the bikini pics type but him dissing the women in the co-main's.....well thats basically the Ronda show vs whoever. And the whoever opponents have included a world wrestling champion, a BJJ BB and Carmouche may not have been training very long but she's obviously legit and tough and didnt get there thru her bikini shots.

It seems that he's including Ronda in his criticism who has also taken the bikini route but.....and this is obvious to everyone incl Mark but she took the Olympic medal route as well and she blazed a trail just like Royce did. Im not saying the exact same thing but the world thought WMMA was a joke before Ronda but she's turned quite a few heads broke the door down for other legit WMMA fighters.

The sex appeal will be a part of it more than it should unfortunately but its not that different from all the manufactured beefs of late...which im sure Bocek is not a fan of either but selling has always been the name of the game too.

crazydave - Have not bought a PPV since they put women on. The quality just isn't there yet it still gets rammed down our throats. Phone Post 3.0

Same.

mada - The UFC are assholes and should pay fighters more.-UG

The UFC are assholes because they put fighters that sell above better fighters and vets on the same card.-UG

Which is it guys? You can't really have both. I like Bocek and understand his frustrations from his viewpoint. However, he's gotta understand that if Ronda has big numbers then lots of guys who are talented just won't be as important to the business. Because it's a privately owned business, not a sports league. Phone Post 3.0

This.