Bodybuilders think bodybuilding beats MMA

Friend linked this: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129652933

"Haven't read the thread but the fact that it's a fight to the death completely changes things. If it were just a street fight (or any kind of rules really) the fighter would win. He's trained in fighting, he has experience with how to dodge, how to deal with attacks etc. BUT, if it's a fight to the death both guys will have a ridiculous amount of adrenaline pumping. If you KNOW this fight will decide your life you'll go all out, and despite how many hits the BBer might take initially, once he grabs the lightweight it's over. You have ~200 lbs on the guy you are fighting, you've just taken a couple hits so you're enraged, you have adrenaline pumping and you know this is a fight to the death... "

Some pretty funny comments.

Bodybuilders would gas quickly.

Who's Barnoni? Phone Post

"I think the bodybuilder would win. That would be like me fighting a kinder gardener that can fight amazing, even though they are talented I would kill them because I am so much bigger."

My head hurts from reading this.

lol @bbs beating an mma fighter.. royce gracie punked a bb just using bjj and no strikes

It is still a dumb comparison, but the original thread does say "Lightweight" fighter vs. Bodybuilder. And the post the OP copies does talk about the BB having a 200 lbs advantage, so in that case, the BB might win.

ttt

Also, it seems that most people on the BB site also think a lightweight fighter would still win.

dumbest thing i ever did at my gym was leased out some space to this chic who was into power lifting and BB..so of course, fighters and meat heads dont get along and shit talk was at a all time high as weight lifters were mouthing off during training sessions..i come into my gym one day to find a group of my students dragging this Fuck tard off my mats only to find out he was tired of talking and ready to perform..short story, the dude got the shit smashed out of him by a student ~40-50lbs lighter...needless to say, the shit talk around our area was resolved and shortly after, she packed her shit and moved her circus a few buildings down from us..i dont necessarily hate BB..just the meat necks who are ignorant..

Joel Jamieson likes to talk about the "supply" (heart and lungs) and "demand" (muscles) of cardio performance.

Bodybuilders are so far towards serious demand issues (lots of muscle) and not towards cardio (large left ventricle for example) that within a few minutes they would gas.

Seriously, make them work for 2 mins (about 90 secs is the anaerobic threshhold) and they will enter a zone of performance in which their body is completely unadapted for.

As they gasp with their hands on their knees, bent over, you can land whatever the fuck you want.

Well in most "street" fights, people gas because of the adrenaline, no preparation/warm ups, and yes, a general lack of fitness, but there's no need to go for 3 x 5 minute rounds! 30-60 seconds is the norm.

Anyway, I don't get the dislike between BB and MMA guys. I haven't seen much of it personally, and most BB know they'd get their asses kicked.

bubbyDAhawk - dumbest thing i ever did at my gym was leased out some space to this chic who was into power lifting and BB..so of course, fighters and meat heads dont get along and shit talk was at a all time high as weight lifters were mouthing off during training sessions..i come into my gym one day to find a group of my students dragging this Fuck tard off my mats only to find out he was tired of talking and ready to perform..short story, the dude got the shit smashed out of him by a student ~40-50lbs lighter...needless to say, the shit talk around our area was resolved and shortly after, she packed her shit and moved her circus a few buildings down from us..i dont necessarily hate BB..just the meat necks who are ignorant..

not suprised by this revelation of a story at all lol :P

That was definitely a weird time for the gym. Haha. And Tony was the perfect guy for the job. Good times. Phone Post

Body building as a sport is almost done.

Jonathan Goulet vs. Ronnie Coleman. Who takes it?

Obviously if we're talking about weight classes or being close in weight the bodybuilders lose like 99.9% of the time.

Cue Kimbo/Houston gif

Lance Batchelor

we need a bodybuilder vs 135 mmaer on bully beatdown!

lol

lol