Boehner Will Resign from Congress

WASHINGTON — Speaker John A. Boehner will resign from Congress and give up his House seat at the end of October, according to aides in his office.

Mr. Boehner was under extreme pressure from the right wing of his conference over whether or not to defund Planned Parenthood in a bill to keep the government open.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/26/us/boehner-will-resign-from-congress.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=0

There's no room for moderate views or comprises in today's Republican party.

Neither party, really, and a leader who doesn't tow the party line unilaterally is viewed as weak. Phone Post 3.0

I predict 30 spins, at least. Phone Post 3.0

he will cry the whole time

Damn, this is real "what do we represent as a party" when the speaker of the house resigns from congress.

the pope probably told him out right, you're going straight to hell you slimy POS

The life of a floor leader these days is too tough for a man of Boehner's delicate constitution.

He's now free to do what he was truly meant to do, start a news debate show with Anthony Weiner:

"Boehner and Weiner: Crossed Swords"

LogProducer - the pope probably told him out right, you're going straight to hell you slimy POS
The Pope saw him bawling like a little girl and said "Man up, you fucking faggot. I'm the one wearing the goddamned dress." Phone Post 3.0

Tomato Can - The life of a floor leader these days is too tough for a man of Boehner's delicate constitution.

He's now free to do what he was truly meant to do, start a news debate show with Anthony Weiner:

"Boehner and Weiner: Crossed Swords"
I'd buy that for a dollar. Phone Post 3.0

Speaker Kevin McCarthy

IronHands - There's no room for moderate views or comprises in today's Republican party.

Neither party, really, and a leader who doesn't tow the party line unilaterally is viewed as weak. Phone Post 3.0

A counter to this could be that Boehner was no longer representing his party/core and was instead moving in lock-step with the Democratic party and whatever agenda they were pushing.

THere's a difference between working "with" the other party with an aim towards compromise and rolling over and capitulating.

Maybe his name popped up in a recent investigation??

IronHands - There's no room for moderate views or comprises in today's Republican party.

Nancy Pelosi is an extreme leftist and had no problem holding power as the Dem Speaker. What does that say about them?

morotetsuke - Maybe his name popped up in a recent investigation??

Nah, simply lost the confidence of his caucus.

he probably got tired of being a cunt and possibly shutting down the government for the second time. Phone Post 3.0

He needed to step down as the SOTH a long time ago. Obama steam rolled him several times.

rufus - 

Nancy Pelosi is an extreme leftist and had no problem holding power as the Dem Speaker. What does that say about them?

that they are just as rigid, inflexible, unwilling to work together, corrupt, and contemptable as their red team counterparts.  

Paul Ryan would be a good choice. Maybe then shit would get done that needed to

BigEyedFish - 
rufus - 

that they are just as rigid, inflexible, unwilling to work together, corrupt, and contemptable as their red team counterparts.  

You're missing my point, as usual.

rufus -

Read my second paragraph. I lean right, usually, but this most recent example of hardlining is on Republican shoulders. Phone Post 3.0