Boehner Will Resign from Congress

Hired Gun - Paul Ryan would be a good choice. Maybe then shit would get done that needed to

100% not interested.

IronHands - 
rufus -
IronHands - There's no room for moderate views or comprises in today's Republican party.

Neither party, really, and a leader who doesn't tow the party line unilaterally is viewed as weak. Phone Post 3.0

Nancy Pelosi is an extreme leftist and had no problem holding power as the Dem Speaker. What does that say about them?

Read my second paragraph. I lean right, usually, but this most recent example of hardlining is on Republican shoulders. Phone Post 3.0

And you're missing my point on how the two parties (at least as how they're represented in Congress) are very, very different.

rufus - 
Hired Gun - Paul Ryan would be a good choice. Maybe then shit would get done that needed to

100% not interested.

Then who

darkness66 - he probably got tired of being a cunt and possibly shutting down the government for the second time. Phone Post 3.0
You're misascribing blame. Boehner is the moderate Republican. The Tea Party is the responsible group for the shutdowns. Phone Post 3.0

Oh, and the next Republican Speaker won't be much less moderate (if at all) then Boehner.

Hired Gun - 
rufus - 

100% not interested.

Then who

I already said who it will likely be in this thread on page 1.

Let me guess lucrative lobbying jobs await.....

He isn't a big a scumbag as eric cantor I'll give him that.

ttt

Trust -

Who?

Second in line after Biden. Phone Post 3.0

They pushed him out because he was trying to figure out a way to allow the government to function???

MolsonMuscles - 
LogProducer - the pope probably told him out right, you're going straight to hell you slimy POS
The Pope saw him bawling like a little girl and said "Man up, you fucking faggot. I'm the one wearing the goddamned dress." Phone Post 3.0

vu

How will this affect the next debt ceiling deadline?

Lux Fixxins - 
cdmontgo -

They pushed him out because he was trying to figure out a way to allow the government to function???

You don't know what a government shutdown is do you? Phone Post 3.0

Yes, I do.  Many government services will be shutdown.  That's why they call it a shutdown.

Res ipsa loquitar - 
rufus - 
BigEyedFish - 
rufus - 
IronHands - There's no room for moderate views or comprises in today's Republican party.

Neither party, really, and a leader who doesn't tow the party line unilaterally is viewed as weak. Phone Post 3.0

Nancy Pelosi is an extreme leftist and had no problem holding power as the Dem Speaker. What does that say about them?

that they are just as rigid, inflexible, unwilling to work together, corrupt, and contemptable as their red team counterparts.  

You're missing my point, as usual.

Why don't you just make your point instead of asking questions that leave much to the imagination of the reader.

No, I'd really like people to think here for a second. I know that can be difficult. I call it, "tough love."

Does Boehner has to stay speaker now that Kevin Mccarthy isn't available?

Rufus you must be concerned about the plebs' rebellion against the donor class after the plebs had spent so many years doing what they are told.

leaot - 

Does Boehner has to stay speaker now that Kevin Mccarthy isn't available?

McCarthy will have more time to fuck his mistress now.

billyball2 -

A counter to this could be that Boehner was no longer representing his party/core and was instead moving in lock-step with the Democratic party and whatever agenda they were pushing.

THere's a difference between working "with" the other party with an aim towards compromise and rolling over and capitulating.

Republicans speak of a line between working with Democrats and outright capitulation, but in reality they view any compromise as being a RINO. It has to be all guns, gays, abortions and the president is a Kenyan Muslim all the time or you are out.

The right mined the depths of ignorant shitbirds more support. Now those lunatics are taking over. They expect dumb votes on in winnable issues and they will withdraw their support of you. These people cannot be reasoned with or educated because education and reason are weaknesses.

This is the new base the Republican Party courted, and now it will destroy them. Phone Post 3.0