Bonnar to help corner Sanchez on Saturday

TUF 1 cast members Diego Sanchez and Stephan Bonnar spoke recently with Canadian MMA journalist James Lynch and said that Bonnar will be in Sanchez's corner for the fight vs. Jake Matthews at UFC 253 on Saturday.

“The world and the universe goes full circle,” said Sanchez. “We came full circle. This is my boy and he’s going to be supporting me (and) helping me. I’ve got another cornerman.”

Sanchez has been training at the UFC PI and at Bonnar's Silver Wolf Gym; both are in Las Vegas, Nevada. Bonnar recently traveled to Sanchez's hometown of Albuquerque, New Mexico, and took up an offer made 16 years ago.

“When I was down in Albuquerque, we hung out in the mountains together,” said Bonnar. “Sixteen years ago on The Ultimate Fighter, he said, ‘Dude you’ve got to come down to the mountains in Albuquerque and we can see some UFOs together under the stars.’ Here we are. Finally, I took him up on it. It took me long enough.”

“Beyond a shadow of a doubt [I saw UFOs]. Was I under the influence of psychedelics? Yes, but I definitely saw bright lights moving around.”

“I definitely reconnected with Mother Nature. Boom. I’m a new man. I’m recharged.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVCt1auAH60

Sanchez will fight Matthews on the late prelims of UFC 254. The event is headlined by two title fights, In the co-main event, Dominick Reyes and Jan B?achowicz will fight for the light heavyweight belt vacated by Jon Jones, who is moving up to heavyweight. And in the main event, middleweight champion Israel Adesanya will defend vs. Paulo Costa.   

"The Last won the interim title with a Unanimous Decision over Kelvin Gastelum at UFC 236 on April 13, 2019, in the fight of the night. He unified the belts with a Round 2 KO of Robert Whittaker and UFC 243 on October 6, 2019, winning his fifth performance bonus in a row. In his last fight, Adesanya defended successfully vs. Yoel Romero in a bout that was short of fireworks. Adesanya promises a return to form on Saturday.

h/t Nolan King for MMA Junkie

1 Like

That is fucking awesome. Someone dig up the TUF video of the two 

dinkledorf -

That is fucking awesome. Someone dig up the TUF video of the two 

lol

I’m struggling to think of what vegetable they were arguing over.  Asparagus?

Asparagus 

So did Diego toss his gay lover out? Hopefully so for his sake.

1 Like

Match made in heaven Match made in hell

Bonnar will bring the asparagus, for sure.

gokudamus -

Asparagus 

Stephan Bonnar "Fuck Asparagus"

How is Bonnar doing these days?

![](upload://yRumX6mAqYgv96K76tLbQAs2OqQ.jpeg)

What happend to the yoga coach???

brody3316 -

What happend to the yoga coach???

Doesn’t he get two coaches, he could bring both 

Pulling for a Diego win!

Jake should get the win, but I won't be mad if Diego gets it done, dude is a legend

What could go wrong?

1 Like

Bonnar is a little whacky it seems these days.  But still a good dude.  I think him Diego and Fabian will make gold content tho lol

I think it is cool to see a father accompany his son to a fight.

1 Like

I have to say, whatever Diego is doing, his speech sounds much better. Less slurred. I'm not saying what is coming out makes sense, but at least we can understand the words now. Good for him!

1 Like
Letibleu -

I have to say, whatever Diego is doing, his speech sounds much better. Less slurred. I'm not saying what is coming out makes sense, but at least we can understand the words now. Good for him!

100%

I wonder whether he and “the school of self awareness” had a falling out??