BOOK: Catch as Catch Can

Has anyone ever read this?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/518yOGoMfkL._SS500_.jpg

How to Wrestle and Wrestling:Catch-as-Catch-Can

I have the black cover from 1910.Same thing i'm sure.The photos are from around 1905 i believe.Good little book.

I think I read it once at the reference library.

It's has alot of holds like full, half, quarter Nelsons and so on. If it's the same book, it'd have a picture of a move and then as a caption it would say, "Punishment". Pretty old school.

They had a couple of old books like that.

This caption needs to go on the cover:

Guy getting choked: "I SAY, Mortimer!! Release me from this bothersome neckhold at once! This is NOT conduct becoming of a proper gentleman!"

Mortimer: "Confound it, William! I'm privy to the ways of combat and I intend to show such! Now, good day!! (squeezes harder)"

TheClips - This caption needs to go on the cover:

Guy getting choked: "I SAY, Mortimer!! Release me from this bothersome neckhold at once! This is NOT conduct becoming of a proper gentleman!"

Mortimer: "Confound it, William! I'm privy to the ways of combat and I intend to show such! Now, good day!! (squeezes harder)"

LMAO

That really made me chuckle in a very audible manner.

The Hook - 

LMAO

That really made me chuckle in a very audible manner.

Ha ha! I'm glad I got someone with that one!

LMAO!

LMAO

Do you watch a lot of Edwardian period films?

shanoknowsmma -

Brgh brgh tumtumtum tum! (That's me clearing my throat in a shocked manner, most likely while taking my pipe away from my mouth and twirling my mustache in frustration)
Now see here! What is the meaning of this?!

That might be the most clever thing I've read on an MMA forum. Definitely made me laugh in any case.

Good show old man!

Balance - 

Good show old man!

i concur. it's good to see some intellectual humor on the ug.

this thread rocks

this book is the shit.

lol

forumnewb - 

i concur. it's good to see some intellectual humor on the ug.

I gotta say though, it woulda been just a tiny bit more comical had those two gents been donning two big, bushy handle-bar mustaches!

No but I want it.

TheClips - 
shanoknowsmma -

Brgh brgh tumtumtum tum! (That's me clearing my throat in a shocked manner, most likely while taking my pipe away from my mouth and twirling my mustache in frustration)
Now see here! What is the meaning of this?!

I love those kind of films. :)

TiTTy!