book "small stakes hold'em"

Any opinions on ..........

Small Stakes Hold 'em: Winning Big with Expert Play
by:sklansky, malmuth and miller?

I'm thinking of getting this book along with the Lee Jones "low limit hold'em" book.

For those that have read both, which should I read first.

thanks

I have a review of SSHE up at my poker site:

http://604poker.com/bookreview/ssh.php

SSHE is an advanced book, I would recommend WLLHE by Jones or Texas Hold Em by Sklansky first. Plenty of info in those two books to take you to being and intermediate player.

That reminds me - check out my site at www.604poker.com and register and post in the forums!!

/end shameless plug :)

thanks, I'll check out the review. I think the lee jones would be my first choice, it's just that I was considering buying 2 books on amazon.ca to take advantage of the free shipping.

PR,

when i do decide to join on Partypoker.com, I'll go through your site. Do I still get the pokerpoker sign up bonus if I do this?

MM

Hey midget.... yes you can get a $20 up to $100 bonus if you sign up through us. However, as with all affiliates, the bonus money would be taken out of the rake back money you earn. So it's kind of like lending the money to you.

It's still advantageous to do it, as it gives your bankroll an early boost, and you will earn money from the deal.

email me at guyrandom@hotmail.com and I'll spell out things in more detail.

super system II is scheduled for release in january. that's the only poker book i'm planning on reading in the near future.

it seems like "book learning" can only get you so far in poker and most books just repeat the same things. it will be interesting to see if SSII can break some new ground like the original did....

The combination of learning from the right books and experience is the most effective method for improvement.

Learning about a particular concept (say pot odds) then applying it at the tables will simply improve your play at a much faster pace then trying to reinvent the wheel by yourself or by just reading as much material as you can without actually playing.

Do you offer rakeback PR? No offense, but if you aren't then people would do much better in the long run finding an affiliate that does. If you don't even know what rakeback is, check out a site like www.bonuswhores.com.

Yeah that's exactly what I offer bringiton. On top of the normal percentages, my friend and I also will help you improve your game by answering any questions you may have, even watch and analyze your play.

This is valuable to us because the better you are, the more money we both make.

All spelled out here:

Affiliate FAQ

Affiliate Program

Fair enough. I just wanted everyone to be aware of the great advantage in getting the best rakeback deal possible. If yours is competitive and you offer services above and beyond the rakeback then more power to you.