Boon: "fine" with Overeem's decision as long as..

Bas Boon told FCF that he's fine with Overeem's split from Golden Glory as long as their contract is honored and that he hopes no legal action is necessary.

http://fcfighter.com/post/golden-glory%E2%80%99s-bas-boon-wishes-alistair-overeem-well-hopes-no-legal-action-necessary-over-split

"as long as their contract is honored..."

If I had to bet, I'd say there will be a dispute over what constitutes "honoring" the contract.

This is about to get better...

cupertrooper - "as long as their contract is honored..."

If I had to bet, I'd say there will be a dispute over what constitutes "honoring" the contract.

better for drama queens like yourself...worse for fans who may be robbed of watching Reem fight until after all is resolved

boone crossed zuffa and now has to pay for it

all his fighters fired from strikeforce and his prized fighter now disowns him  

Hmm....I wonder if GG is saying Overeem has to give say 15% to GG for his next 3-4 fights or something.

I'd like to know what these contractual obligations are...

This may not end favorably for Alistair - especially if he stays in Holland.

Management contract? OK, I know what Boon is worried about - he thinks that if UFC is paying Overeem directly, he's not going to get his management percentage.

Or, he may be worried that he gets a percentage of the purse, but not the locker-room bonuses.

Basically, he doesn't trust that he's going to get paid.

Guaranteed.

chawkins - Management contract? OK, I know what Boon is worried about - he thinks that if UFC is paying Overeem directly, he's not going to get his management percentage.

Or, he may be worried that he gets a percentage of the purse, but not the locker-room bonuses.

Basically, he doesn't trust that he's going to get paid.

Guaranteed.

This seems to sum it up best. Most feasible sounding at least.

MonsterBalls - Sounds like a warning to me. Horsehead in bed is next which Reem will proceed to eat before leaving his bed.

Breakfast in bed! It's great if they can keep it civilized after years of partnership.

Unfortunately Golen Glory usually doesnt use the court system to settle disputes.

^^^this. GG co-founder is notourious and last i heard, in jail. Phone Post

NJstileNJ -
cupertrooper - "as long as their contract is honored..."

better for drama queens like yourself...worse for fans who may be robbed of watching Reem fight until after all is resolved

TRUTH! I swear half of MMA "fans" are here for the WWF drama. Go watch a soap opera, you housewife. MMA is about the fights, not the drama, you bundle of sticks. Phone Post

he probably means his % of the $ k-1 owes reem and hasnt paid

Beast from the East - 
MMALOGIC -  Unfortunately Golen Glory usually doesnt use the court system to settle disputes.

Unfortunately GG will do nothing to Reem or mess with Zuffa besides file a lawsuit with Reem.

Zuffa has more power than GG in the streets.
a co-founder of golden glory is in jail for killing someone...

Zuffa has enormous power... but I would be more concerned about the one guy who has nothing to lose than an entire army who has everything to lose.

Let's get this resolved before December, yes?
I (like many others given the traffic here) am looking forward to Reem's UFC debut

Freakin 10er - Let's get this resolved before December, yes?
I (like many others given the traffic here) am looking forward to Reem's UFC debut

Golden Glory won't interfere with his UFC debut. If Overeem doesn't fight, they don't get paid. They want him to fight so they can get their piece of the action.

The disagreement is over how big that piece should be.

MMALOGIC - 
Beast from the East - 
MMALOGIC -  Unfortunately Golen Glory usually doesnt use the court system to settle disputes.

Unfortunately GG will do nothing to Reem or mess with Zuffa besides file a lawsuit with Reem.

Zuffa has more power than GG in the streets.
a co-founder of golden glory is in jail for killing someone...

Zuffa has enormous power... but I would be more concerned about the one guy who has nothing to lose than an entire army who has everything to lose.

Ron Nyqvist made the mistake of getting caught. Zuffa doesn't make these mistakes.

I don't see how suing your best former client, would help build your business.

Granted we don't know all of the details, but it seems to me that if he does file a lawsuit, it would be proverbial biting the hand that feeds you.

well, Reem was with GG when he got signed to UFC, so by all rights, they are still owed a % of his pay for  as long as it takes to run out said contract.

Rule #1: A woman gotta choose a Pimp.
Rule #2: A horse, one jockey.
Rule #3: One butt, one di*do.

What have we learned? The Pimp that promises the most protection, gets the largest harem. Two Pimps fighting over the same person is not gonna work. We learned that in boxing. GG is either getting its cut, or GETTING cut. Who's pimp hand is the strongest? Dana or GG?