Bootlegging UFCs

How long would it take for Dana to slap a lawsuit on someone for video recording a UFC event, making copies, and selling several hundred copies off of a website?

How long would it take before he gets a lawsuit notice from Dana in the mail?

Try watching Am fights on youtube. Then think of spending money on that.

People pay for production value, people buy things they enjoy. Not watching some guy who somehow smuggled a camera under his jacket and recorded them from far enough away no one noticed.

Oh and there is a cage, in the way. I hate cages for that reason but luckily in person you can get blood on you, thats always fun, and on real pay per view the cameras are over the fence.

All in all, idiotic idea. I'm not sure whats wrong with you to think its a good one.

Eric Collins - Try watching Am fights on youtube. Then think of spending money on that.

People pay for production value, people buy things they enjoy. Not watching some guy who somehow smuggled a camera under his jacket and recorded them from far enough away no one noticed.

Oh and there is a cage, in the way. I hate cages for that reason but luckily in person you can get blood on you, thats always fun, and on real pay per view the cameras are over the fence.

All in all, idiotic idea. I'm not sure whats wrong with you to think its a good one.

What the FUCK does this have to do with my question? You're not sure what's wrong with me to think it's a good one? Are you one of those fucking goons from yahoo answers that can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground?

Anybody who is willing to pay for stolen discs of UFC shows has the capabilities to acquire them exactly the same way you do.

go to vietnam and you can buy UFC 1-75 for about $15.

Duncan Harcourt - How long would it take for Dana to slap a lawsuit on someone for video recording a UFC event, making copies, and selling several hundred copies off of a website?

You would recieve the first cease-and-desist letter from Zuffa's attorneys before your website recieved it's first order for a bootleg tape. The Zuffa folks are fanatical about protecting their intellectual property online. Put up a highlight video on Youtube, and the Zuffa legal team will have it coming down in less than an hour. They dont even give clips of their action to news programs or HDNet. Their protectiveness borders on psychosis.

Who buys tapes anymore, anyway? It's all DVD, now.

I quite possibly am a goon, never been to yahoo answers, and my mother always said stupid questions get stupid answers.

Eric Collins - I quite possibly am a goon, never been to yahoo answers, and my mother always said stupid questions get stupid answers.

Although you didn't give me an answer. You threw out some B.S. out of left field. Actually, you were beyond left field, you were in the peanut gallery.

I was describing why no idiot would use a video recorder at an event that you can download, sometimes in High Definition, minutes before the broadcast was even over from every torrent tracker online, and clarifying the entire basis of this thread is retarded, and more than likely a bad troll attempt at dana hate?

Sunnuvabitch, i bit. You bastard.

Eric Collins - I was describing why no idiot would use a video recorder at an event that you can download, sometimes in High Definition, minutes before the broadcast was even over from every torrent tracker online, and clarifying the entire basis of this thread is retarded, and more than likely a bad troll attempt at dana hate?

lol. Are you serious? Dude, he was talking about taping the feed, like TIVO'ng the PPV and then selling copies of it. He wasn't talking about sneaking a video camera and trying to sell that shit.

Lol he said specifically video recording, im reediting because well, im not tired enough to stop yet.

He said tapes, the idea of tapes, it just got me.

LMAO @ This shit. God I am bored off of my ass.

So now your admitting to being a troll after i admitted to trying to reverse troll you?

Fuck saturday nights, this backfired marvelously! No one is even mad, are they? Good night

God damn I am pissed off as hell.

BTW: I admitted to being bored. Not being a troll. Get it right.

Duncan Harcourt - How long would it take for Dana to slap a lawsuit on someone for video recording a UFC event, making copies, and selling several hundred copies off of a website?

Depending on how fast they found out about it they could get a TRO on you within hours but I dont know why anyone would want footage shot with a home video camera from only one angle that would be far away.

A guy at work sells UFC ppv DVDs on the Monday following the live event.

He sells them for ten bucks each. He makes enough money to cover the cost of the ppv, plus a small profit for himself.

Shhhh...he's listening right now!