Boris - the mythical Danaher black belt

I agree but it’s still not fun defending leg locks for a minute and then having the guy lay there like a hooker getting raped once you escape and gain a good position

Hear me out.
What if Boris, is Danaher, and Danaher, is Boris?

3 Likes

I still want to stab the knee destroyer with a white hot samurai sword…fuck that guy!!!

2 Likes

There was a poster on here, Kevin chai or Chau. Came across as a bit batshit and used to talk breaking legs. Everyone thought he was full of shit but iirc it was true, it was just hard to find evidence of the guy

1 Like

Maybe a Gillooly style Nancy Kerrigan knee attack would be the right type of poetic justic, haha.

1 Like

if u defend well they will be in bad position which will help u.The guys I worry about are big dudes with minimal technique.

Kevin Chay.Im fairly friendly with him He does or did have excellent leg locks

1 Like

Yes that’s him. Fun dude I used to like chatting with him on here

1 Like

I wasn’t that good at defending them. I should have learned them. I just fucking hated them so much. I always did what I felt worked in a fight. When you have control of one wrist. Figured foured your legs and are sitting up over the guys face with one free hand that submission attempt should be abandoned. Otherwise what is the point of BJJ.

1 Like

i never wanted to get leg locked id much rather be chocked so i was always conscious of it and i new certain guys went for it more than others

1 Like

Man that was hard to watch.

1 Like

Doesn’t he Than train with Ryan? Kind of nuts.

I can’t stand hall’s style. That’s exactly what he deserves. At least when garry goes for your leg he doesn’t flop on his back like a cheap hooker. Garry attacks with a better plan and his body language looks like he actually gives a fuck.

1 Like

I disagree. That was awesome to watch

Imo, this is primarily because Brazilians were terrible at leg locks. The key is to know when a position is unfinishable, and when to transition to either another move or a sweep. This is what Brazilians did not understand about leg locks.

1 Like

Stares at you Rousimarily

2 Likes

Favela bjj ? Do you mean Luta Livre ? From my understanding BJJ was for the wealthy, because of the cost of a kimono and luta livre was for the lower class.

Yeah this is another part of their beef with Fadda as I understand it.

I’m beating a dead horse on John being a striking savant, my apologies.

I was always skeptical as to why GSP pushed Phil nurse away for John Danaher…he was a BJJ guy, what did he know about striking and MMA? How wrong I was.

Anyway, I’m not sure if you cross trained, but in your opinion which gym had the best striking program when you were active? I do know a lot of RGA main guys from that era trained at 5 points often, and Mendez as well.

1 Like

It would be hilarious watching an assaulter dive for a heel hook during a raid haha. But sounds good.

Do you think drilling BJJ with strikes should be a must for the tactical population? Or not necessarily, just focus on getting top control and dominating the other guy?

1 Like