(born) Girl wins (boys) State Champ in wrestling

Big congrats to her and her family but this shit shouldn't be allowed to happen unless any boy can just decide to wrestle only girls one year. 

Oh wait, kinda do do that shit now too. 

Furthermore, it illustrates that females are so much inferior to males that it's such a big deal to begin with.

Maybe it's because of stuff like this the weirdos think it's okay for sexually confused boys to compete against girls in other HS sports.  

Again, congrats to her but this sort of thing should not be celebrated. Everybody should just stay in their lane and compete against their own gender.

GuttyProfessor -

I don’t know man. I’m sure I’m the minority on this, but when I was wrestling, if a girl really steeped out to compete against me, I’d have done my best to completely brutalize her. I don’t mean anything illegal or anything lewd. I’d just pummel her. I’d feel incredibly disrespected.

![Best Rampage Jackson Slam GIFs | Gfycat](upload://9InlsmcEWAYb1ixjfGh6tE3n4td.gif)

Get a life you virgins. She is great and what she did is quite the accomplishment. 

It would be great to see her in the UFC one day. Very marketable

i would like to spar against her

none of the females I trained with impressed me at all, maybe this one would be different

gregbrady - 

i would like to spar against her

none of the females I trained with impressed me at all, maybe this one would be different

https://youtu.be/Q6OUUAYHgCA?t=52

gregbrady -

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/17186303/

if this is true awesome but im very skeptical the boys were trying as hard as they would have with another male.

the most elite female athletes have the same grip strength as the bottom 25% of weakest men. strength plays a large part in the outcome of wrestling. this is very very unlikely but I guess not impossible

I'm sure the boy who took second in the state finals was taking it easy instead of pursuing his dream. 

D241 -

Born a girl, competed as a girl against boys in her weight and won state.

I believe this is the first time that has ever been done.  Good for her.

Men's bodies/genetics are different than women's, the bone density is different and neither of those are advantages for females, yet it didn't stop this young lady from winning NC State.

https://abc7news.com/sports/nc-wrestler-becomes-first-female-to-win-state-championship/5968831/?fbclid=IwAR2AyXGAZRatFLTpF8bcxqaZy0Pa8FrXcR-If0YWwGRWVg5kZ1wmkqVx0SE

Michaela Hutchinson did it late 90s/early 2000s.  She was from Alaska.

Fitch pulled this feat off last year.  Don't know why it's only getting a shit ton of air time a year later.  

steak and chicken -

She looks like that annoying redneck girl from Ozark 

Hey! -_-

HotSteppa -

I still find it funny that guys on here can't accept a girl did fairly well ans it hurts their egos. Having said that I had a chance to have a fun grapple with a female champion university wrestler and I just pinned her and she could do nothing. This was just as BJJ was arriving so I had a little training in BJJ and Judo.  She actually got under me (being shorter) and was able to hit a single position but I was too strong and I just turned her , mounted and pinned her. 

I also grappled a Korean female champion -she was awesome at Judo - but I just just double legged her, passed guard to mount and choke or armbar. She often would turn-over to stomach out of habit and I would get a choke. She actually tripped me once, and almost threw me but I was to wiry.

It's not about not standing that a girl won a boy's wrestling tournament it's about the media going head over heels for a story that puts a girl on a pedestal at the expense of boys.

Why are you bragging about beating a couple girls in grappling? 

When I was in HS in the late 80’s we had one girl wrestle from another school. Anyone who competed against her wrestled hard from fear of catching shit from the rest of the team forever. The idea of taking it easy was nonexistent.

She wasn’t good, but gave a good effort.

My oldest daughter wrestled a couple years in high school. She legit beat and pinned boys on numerous occasions. The boys were trying to kill her. She ended up with a broken nose, chipped tooth, and all kinds of bruises and sores from her matches.

She won a tournament but it was because the last 2 boys refused to wrestle with her. She won her first two matches and the second two forfeited their matches. I had to get her out of the bathroom to go get her medal as she was crying in the stall saying that's not how she wanted to win. 

One boy told her he won't wrestle a girl due to his religious beliefs(he was white as fuck) and the other said it's a lose lose situation. If he beats a girl he beats a girl and if he loses he lost to a girl. 

Rams Scored 3 Points in SBLIII -

My oldest daughter wrestled a couple years in high school. She legit beat and pinned boys on numerous occasions. The boys were trying to kill her. She ended up with a broken nose, chipped tooth, and all kinds of bruises and sores from her matches.

She won a tournament but it was because the last 2 boys refused to wrestle with her. She won her first two matches and the second two forfeited their matches. I had to get her out of the bathroom to go get her medal as she was crying in the stall saying that's not how she wanted to win. 

One boy told her he won't wrestle a girl due to his religious beliefs(he was white as fuck) and the other said it's a lose lose situation. If he beats a girl he beats a girl and if he loses he lost to a girl. 

That's the thing, it's a lose, lose for a guy to wrestle a girl so why even do it?

Hiacios - 

That's the thing, it's a lose, lose for a guy to wrestle a girl so why even do it?

You’re there to compete or not.

If she’s game then it’s on. Some people aren’t up for it? Cool, some aren’t.

Depends on what is being put in their heads by whom. If they have coaches and their parents are putting it in the wrong context then yeah, they are going to be stuck in some outdated mindset.

Your job isnt to sit there and make a misogynist decision. She’s there on the line across from you in the dual meet or in the tourney bracket. Your job on the team is to go out there and get that 6.

If you respect yourself and you respect the competitor, you don’t half ass it. Now, if you do a high amp double and spike that competitor’s head on the way down intentionally in the match, you’re a dick regardless if that’s a girl or a newbie first time wrestler or seasoned competitor. If you’re competing, taking care of business, and observing sportsmanship, then whoever they put across the mat is fair game.

You disrespect the opponent by not taking them seriously and not competing to the best of your ability.

Those that were never taught this, never coached this, weren’t raised this way, or don’t understand this kind of ethos, will never understand.

If there was a game chick across from me back in the day, no problem. Match is on. If I lose, cool, I lost because she outwrestled me, not because I had some slack ass loser mentality like I better not go hard. Showed me what I have to work on esp since she’s probably weaker than me - she did something smarter or cleaner. Hole in my game I need to fix so I can come back better and stronger. If I beat her by a point or steamroll the shit out of her, same applies - she gets honest feedback on where she stands and her choices, evolve or quit.

Absolutely no one benefits from dudes chickening out or opting out to avoid a lose lose. A lot of life is lose lose but you’re gonna have to sack up and do it out of principle anyway. This is no different, you’re not saving kids from anything by allowing a kid you coach to opt out of wrestling a girl.

My opinion.

Cool

TheBigBadBootyDaddy - 
D241 -

Born a girl, competed as a girl against boys in her weight and won state.

I believe this is the first time that has ever been done.  Good for her.

Men's bodies/genetics are different than women's, the bone density is different and neither of those are advantages for females, yet it didn't stop this young lady from winning NC State.

https://abc7news.com/sports/nc-wrestler-becomes-first-female-to-win-state-championship/5968831/?fbclid=IwAR2AyXGAZRatFLTpF8bcxqaZy0Pa8FrXcR-If0YWwGRWVg5kZ1wmkqVx0SE

Michaela Hutchinson did it late 90s/early 2000s.  She was from Alaska.

Fitch pulled this feat off last year.  Don't know why it's only getting a shit ton of air time a year later.  

I commented about that as well.  This thread is a year old, but this story has been popping up in my news feed by lots of people.  It's making rounds now when it's a year old story, which is weird. 

It’s suspect.

hooke - When I was in HS in the late 80's we had one girl wrestle from another school. Anyone who competed against her wrestled hard from fear of catching shit from the rest of the team forever. The idea of taking it easy was nonexistent.

She wasn’t good, but gave a good effort.

This. The girl who won states was not given a free ride based on her gender.

No kid competing at the state level wants to lose to anyone, let alone a female, and I don’t think she won because they were going easy on her.

To be fair, it is the easiest weight class to win in one of the easier states for competition, but it is still a great accomplishment for anyone.

I’ve never personally competed against a female wrestling that I would have described as mediocre, but I have done BJJ against a very solid female grappler that was absolutely capable of tapping similar sized males. She had wonderful chaining, and a solid armbar>triangle>omaplata series.

arclight -
Hiacios - 

You’re there to compete or not.

If she’s game then it’s on. Some people aren’t up for it? Cool, some aren’t.

Depends on what is being put in their heads by whom. If they have coaches and their parents are putting it in the wrong context then yeah, they are going to be stuck in some outdated mindset.

Your job isnt to sit there and make a misogynist decision. She’s there on the line across from you in the dual meet or in the tourney bracket. Your job on the team is to go out there and get that 6.

If you respect yourself and you respect the competitor, you don’t half ass it. Now, if you do a high amp double and spike that competitor’s head on the way down intentionally in the match, you’re a dick regardless if that’s a girl or a newbie first time wrestler or seasoned competitor. If you’re competing, taking care of business, and observing sportsmanship, then whoever they put across the mat is fair game.

You disrespect the opponent by not taking them seriously and not competing to the best of your ability.

Those that were never taught this, never coached this, weren’t raised this way, or don’t understand this kind of ethos, will never understand.

If there was a game chick across from me back in the day, no problem. Match is on. If I lose, cool, I lost because she outwrestled me, not because I had some slack ass loser mentality like I better not go hard. Showed me what I have to work on esp since she’s probably weaker than me - she did something smarter or cleaner. Hole in my game I need to fix so I can come back better and stronger. If I beat her by a point or steamroll the shit out of her, same applies - she gets honest feedback on where she stands and her choices, evolve or quit.

Absolutely no one benefits from dudes chickening out or opting out to avoid a lose lose. A lot of life is lose lose but you’re gonna have to sack up and do it out of principle anyway. This is no different, you’re not saving kids from anything by allowing a kid you coach to opt out of wrestling a girl.

My opinion.

Well said. I’m just of the mindset that in the full contact sport that is wrestling a boy shouldn’t wrestle a girl not only because of the strength disparity but because of the anatomy of the female body, if you get where I’m coming from?

Respect

Baby Hat GIF

1 Like