Borodin's gym

can anybody tell me some info about this gym in Brooklyn

Vlad is a great guy and good trainer. He has alot of fighters and seems to care about them. They always come to fight their asses off. I believe he has had fighters in K1 but im sure someone can say for sure.

why do people talk crap when they have no idea what they are talking about? One of Vlad's guys won the first K-1 USA event that was held, I forget the guy's name, but that doesn't change the fact. Vlad has also sent guys to shootboxing and to S1...

Vlad has had guys in K-1. Duke has had guys in K-1. We have a guy about to do K-1 MAX....

We've been told three different guys, so it is sort of still up in the air, worst of all, the three all have different styles so it's hard to work on a specific game plan.... :(

I agree with lkfmdc. Vlad's guys are tough sonabitches!

I am not necessarily a "fan" of their fighting style, which seems to have more full-contact-based elements in it, but my personal preferences aside, you cannot argue with the results that his fighters have enjoyed.

For the record, I have fought against 2 of his fighters. I lost to Yuriy Posokov in a unanimous decision this last July, and I won (TKO) against another of his fighters in September.

The fighter I beat via TKO agreed to take the fight against me with 1/2 hours notice!!!!! He had not trained for the fight at all! But I needed a fight and they stepped up to plate for me. That, IMHO, is all you need to know and say about Vlad and his stable of fighters.....

Khun Kao, can you please explain what you mean by Vlad's style having more full-contact elements in it? How does Vlad's style compare to Phil Nurse's style of Muy Thai? Thanks.

Vlad's guys have a tendency (the few guys that I have seen, that is) to use techniques not commonly associated with Muay Thai.... spinning punches and kicks, for instance. When I fought Yuriy, he attacked a number of times with Spinning Punches and Kicks throughout the fight. These are RARELY used in Muay Thai....

Thanks Khun Kao. How would you describe the way that Phil Nurse's guys fight? What are they known for?

Vlad's guys are more European than traditional Muay Thai, plus Vlad has a Kyokushinkai background... I actually think they are MORe dangerous because of this...

Nurse seems to be big on the clinch....

Wouldn't it require punching or kicking skills to enter into the clinching range? What makes Phil Nurse's fighters have better clinch skills then fighters from other schools?

in my opinion, they don't have better clinches, they just focus on it, at times at the expense of other stuff, and I've seen them eat stuff trying to clinch...