Boston Sports "Mount Rushmore"

Boston Sports Fans, 

If you were making a "Mount Rushmore" for Boston Sports , who would you have on it?

I think 3 are easy right away.

Ted Williams

Bobby Orr

Tom Brady

The last one is trickier for me. Bill Russell or Larry Bird? I have to say, i lean towards Bird, but maybe that's because i actually saw Bird play, and never saw Russell play.

The only categories that Russell outshines bird in are total Championships (The Celtics were just way too dominant in the 60's), and Rebounding. Russell has 2 more league mvps (5) than Bird (3).

Everything else is in Bird's favor.

What say you?

Hernandez? Phone Post 3.0

Mark Bellhorn

Bruschi, Tom, Troy Brown, Big Willie Phone Post 3.0

Not a Boston sports fan

Williams

Orr

Brady 

Bird

Williams
Orr
Russell
Dana White Phone Post 3.0

Larry Bird for sure. Phone Post 3.0

Bird, Brady, Williams.... Racists choosing up all the white folk!

I was arguing with Boston fans about this on another thread recently. As an outsider it seems like Russell has to go on over Bird but nearly everyone claiming to be from Boston disagreed. I assume most people on here wouldn't have seen Russell  play though and Bird was a big part in making the NBA huge in 80s. 

The White Mamba

Big Papi has to be on there. Three World Series rings, 9x all star, 6x, silver slugger, World Series MVP and is the greatest DH of all time. Phone Post 3.0

John Lee Pettimore - Big Papi has to be on there. Three World Series rings, 9x all star, 6x, silver slugger, World Series MVP and is the greatest DH of all time. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, but who are you going to take off to put him there?
Ted Williams?

pud12 - 

I was arguing with Boston fans about this on another thread recently. As an outsider it seems like Russell has to go on over Bird but nearly everyone claiming to be from Boston disagreed. I assume most people on here wouldn't have seen Russell  play though and Bird was a big part in making the NBA huge in 80s. 

That, but other than the fact that Russell was on those dominant 60's teams that won so many championships, Bird statistically has superior numbers.

And he was just so damned Clutch.

Sir Real - Born in Boston, or played on a pro team?

Played on a Boston Sports team, unless it was an individual sport like Boxing or Tennis, I suppose.

Chimonos Revenge -
John Lee Pettimore - Big Papi has to be on there. Three World Series rings, 9x all star, 6x, silver slugger, World Series MVP and is the greatest DH of all time. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, but who are you going to take off to put him there?
Ted Williams?
That's my problem I can't in good conscious take Teddy ballgame off. So maybe an honorable mention at the bottom of the statue. Phone Post 3.0

And lol at mentioning John Cena

The Second Tier would be guys like Ortiz, Yaz, Russell/Bird (whoever you don't have #1), Paul Pierce, Jim Rice, etc.

As a Met fan I vote Bill Buckner Phone Post 3.0

mm370 - As a Met fan I vote Bill Buckner Phone Post 3.0

lol

Actually fuck Brady take him off and put Ortiz up there. So it should be Ortiz, Williams, Orr, Bird. Phone Post 3.0