Botha got robbed!

God that was a highway robbery. One flash knockdown after 2 1/2 rounds of NOTHING and Remy is still able to pull out the win? What a crock of shit. And I HATE The White Buffalo but he was definetley robbed. Remy got an early Christmas present, first getting by Hoost which was also a close decision. Then getting the BS decision against Botha. And THEN having to fight the INCREDIBLY tired Musashi who had already fought so many rounds. Remy was exposed and he is not unbeatable. Ask Francois Botha.

No one wants to talk about it cuz its old news? Or because Remy is everyones favorite and everyone agrees that he got an early christmas present?

He's not most people's favorite and K-1 judges give out 10-10 rounds pretty often as well as awarding half points so fights can be much closer on the score cards than in boxing.

The judging in K-1 is woeful, if that's what you wanted.

As far as past champs go... I don't Remy is all that either.

I think it was one of the worst judged events K1 has ever done...

Hoost beat remy in Rds 1 and 2, should have taken it

Musashi was given gifts two times, extra rounds my rear end

Both beat flying gentleman, Remy looked really bad...

I do wonder what happened to Aerts though...

Botha impressed me, he is a boxer who actually seems to be trying to learn to kickbox... every other time I've seen boxers in this sort of thing, they are just boxing and looking for the check to clear... Botha could actually BE a k-1 fighter that could matter...

Can we wipe out the theory that favouritism is not just for the native fighters but for the stars too?

Botha definitely isn't just a boxer anymore. He was even throwing kicks. They sucked ass, but at least he's trying. I'm sure the kicks will get better. The fact that he's throwing them shows an open mind and willingness to learn.

He also blocked everything Bonjasky threw at him above the waist. Botha still can't block a leg kick, but he didn't really need to in that fight.

He got robbed, and impressed me in that performance. I used to groan whenever I saw him on a K-1 card. Now I'm interested to see his future fights.

Yes, we couldn't expect Botha to pick up and adapt to kickboxing rules in his first fight or two.

Now that he has had some time to train and got some experiance, he's showing he can hang with and even beat K-1's best.

ttt for Mr Botha!

Lets hear it for EASY!

"Can we wipe out the theory that favouritism is not just for the native fighters but for the stars too?"

no. thats no excuse and you are wrong, native japanese fighters are favored in k1

Musashi has been carried through most of his career in K-1. It may not be politically correct, but Japanese fighters do not have the size to compete with Euro or American heavyweights in combat sports.

I mean in the entire sport of MMA you have like Fujita and Ogawa, and TK who is a smaller heavyweight. K-1 max they can do great in, but going to endless extra rounds and squeeking out BS decisions in K-1 is played out.

"Botha definitely isn't just a boxer anymore. He was even throwing kicks. They sucked ass, but at least he's trying."

LMAO!

Botha can definetly KO someone, the difference between the hands of a pure boxer and the best in K-1 is huge. Boxer's waged war on the full contact Karate circuit and wrecked everyone.