Bought a Great Quality Laptop!

How do I know it's of great quality? Because the brand is Great Quality! YES! I saw this gem at Fry's for $500 and knew it was a steal with a rocking 128mb of RAM and 8 cells(yes, "8" cells) of battery power.

Best of all, the thing is monsterously huge. I walk around seeing all these puny notebooks that these people have and feel so much better knowing that mine could physically crush theirs.

And dude, this thing has a button specifically designed to open up my web browser. No more moving the curser over the Firefox button for me.

With a Great Quality notebook, I'm confident in being able to create more Great Quality posts like this one!

lol

GQ makes good CDR's.

They should be sending the cases to Iraq to protect those Humvee's!

GQ is America's notebook!

i gotta dell on ebay for 365 +150 bucks upgrade to the works BABBBYY!! wireless , ethernet card, dsl,,desktop monitor capable , from 64mb to 256mb,5 hour battery life n then some !!!

I got a Dell Inspiron 5160, 2.8 GHz, 512 RAM, combo drive, 60 GB, G wireless card for $600 a few months ago. Gotta watch out for those specials. It's a refurb, though, but I don't care.

alpo --

haha man i aint even worried if its refurb,the people refurbing them make them just as new if not better if u ask me. Alot of them are Computer Technicians so they know wha t they doing ... i am starting A+ next week so if anything i can and will be able to "hook it up " myself .

.i got Xbox and PS2 used and man i had them both about a a year or more . aint a damn thang wrong with either of them and they work like a charm.

:) SS

Yes, technically, refurbs (at least Dell refurbs) have a better track record than new machines, since they are under more scrutiny.

I actually got a Frankenstein system. (i.e. a system made of parts from numerous other machines)

WHOA really ?!!LOL thats new to me but hey then again u can make parts of others to make a whole ...the concept/idea is not new ...as long as there is compatability in whatever creation... it will work :)

"Yes, technically, refurbs (at least Dell refurbs) have a better track record than new machines, since they are under more scrutiny. "-

-that in itself says alot about NEW isnt always better / best . but its an interesting fact honestly and i personally never knew of this.

SS

"I actually got a Frankenstein system. (i.e. a system made of parts from numerous other machines)"

Uhhhh....

I remember pulling some of the "bad" franks up on DPS at Dell.

Some of those were some shitboxes....but it was the rare case.

yeah well as with anything u gotta have a "bad" apple along the way to interefere with something good.