Bought a new projector lamp for $27

Amazing lamps brand from Amazon. Brand new what are the chances it will work?

78%

Lamps are tricky. Projectors run lamps at a certain color temp for accurate reproduction. Some cheap lamps can produce light that is more red, or blue, and can throw off the calibration.
Can't hurt to try. Can always get a calibration DVD and hopefully adjust the picture offset

disbeliever -

It will evaporate once you install it 

You've developed a sad sort of repetitive non humorous sense of "humor".

DeleteTheWeak - Lamps are tricky. Projectors run lamps at a certain color temp for accurate reproduction. Some cheap lamps can produce light that is more red, or blue, and can throw off the calibration.
Can't hurt to try. Can always get a calibration DVD and hopefully adjust the picture offset
Good information. Always just bought a new projector. Tried to find a genuine replacement on the Optoma website but it was both $200 and out if stock. Then I stumbled on the cheap option. Wish me luck.

disbeliever -
attjack -
disbeliever -

You've developed a sad sort of repetitive non humorous sense of "humor".

Poor guy 

Don't feel sorry for yourself it's unbecoming.

disbeliever - 

I heard that the lamps burn too hot so they make sizeable TV's evaporate.

attjack -
DeleteTheWeak - Lamps are tricky. Projectors run lamps at a certain color temp for accurate reproduction. Some cheap lamps can produce light that is more red, or blue, and can throw off the calibration.
Good information. Always just bought a new projector. Tried to find a genuine replacement on the Optoma website but it was both $200 and out if stock. Then I stumbled on the cheap option. Wish me luck.
Good luck homie! I work in the Audio/Video, Residential integration industry. I've come across this a few times. OEM lamps can be really expensive. Lamps for Runco, Barco, and Digital Projection can be upwards and over $1000 a piece. Some of these projectors use two.
If you use a projector, I highly recommend getting a calibration disc. They're $20-80 depending on which one. Something like the Disney WOW, or Joe Kane DVE would be fine. They come with tutorials on how to use it. They will most certainly optimize your system, on the cheap.

I plan to wear gloves when I install it. Supposed to arrive today. I'll look into a purchase a calibration disk. Thanks for the tip.

Donvt use it! I hv a panasonic pt3000. Few years old but still throws perfect 1080p. Bullbs run around 170-250. Bought a cheap one, $57 bucks, and it blew up inside the projector, & ruined it. Burned the inside up. Not worth imo.

disbeliever - 

lol

disbeliever -

Get em

ctweed - Donvt use it! I hv a panasonic pt3000. Few years old but still throws perfect 1080p. Bullbs run around 170-250. Bought a cheap one, $57 bucks, and it blew up inside the projector, & ruined it. Burned the inside up. Not worth imo.
Hmm. Probably going risk it. I wanted to buy a new projector but had trouble finding a short throw projector that would have the right placement. If the off brand bulb destroys the projector so be it. Ill just get a new unit.