Bought my parents a Fire TV, TMA/TME

I tried to search for the best kodi app thread but it isn't showing up (only see kodi and football thread)

My goal is to have it completely set up with printed out instructions I will make on how to watch movies/shows/etc. The one I have has a janky version of Exodus on it that somewhat works but has been gutted. I've heard there are newer apps that work better and was curious what the OG prefers. It's been a while since I've tinkered with kodi.

Any tips or suggestions welcome, trying to make it as idiot proof as possible as my parents are not tech savvy. Also if someone is able to bump the kodi thread that'd be great as well. 

Prepare to spend the next few months on the phone with them every time they want to watch something.

Also, I would look into terrarium

Bam57Bam -

Prepare to spend the next few months on the phone with them everyone they want to watch something.

Ding Ding Ding

Bam57Bam -

Prepare to spend the next few months on the phone with them everyone they want to watch something.

Awesome, will start there thanks!

I just got Real Debrid for mine, it works great. It's in Euros but I think it's around $5 a month, provides excellent links with zero buffering. Well worth it for me. I use a Kodi box so I have it connected to the modem directly but still had some occasional buffering issues.

benwah -

I just got Real Debrid for mine, it works great. It's in Euros but I think it's around $5 a month, provides excellent links with zero buffering. Well worth it for me. I use a Kodi box so I have it connected to the modem directly but still had some occasional buffering issues.

Is this just for movies and shows or can you get live events with it too?

I did the kodi build from Troypoint and it seems to be pretty legit. Going to have to do it on my own box as well

OGT -
benwah -

I think it’s just for movies/etc: so it’s another source. When you usually select a movie/tv show it searches then shows you all of the available sources, then goes down the list until it finds a working one. Real debrid is just another access point to sources on top of the ones that you already get, except they show up blue and they work great.

benwah -
OGT -
benwah -

I think it’s just for movies/etc: so it’s another source. When you usually select a movie/tv show it searches then shows you all of the available sources, then goes down the list until it finds a working one. Real debrid is just another access point to sources on top of the ones that you already get, except they show up blue and they work great.

Good to know, will definitely keep that in mind