bout time- ticketing cambridge bicyclists

most of them are cockfaggots who think the rules of the road dont apply to them... 

Forty cyclists were cited for infractions, including red light violations, illegal turns, and not signaling, when police conducted a bicycle safety and enforcement operation near Commonwealth and Massachusetts avenues.

Boston, Brookline, State, Transit and Boston University police staked out the area at 8 a.m. Thursday.

Police chose the location due to its history of bicycle collisions and other incidents.

Police also conducted an operation along Commonwealth Avenue at 4 p.m. Results of that operation were not yet available, police said.

During the two operations, police also gave riders dozens of free helmets and bicycle lights donated by the university.

- See more at: http://boston.com/metrodesk/2013/09/13/cyclists-cited-safety-and-enforcement-operation-boston/KEq3m6bW6p7C0rHlg2QZnJ/story.html#sthash.K7plUhEv.dpuf

haha nice!

God damn I hate bikes.

They say they belong on the roads just like cars but NEVER follow street signs. Constantly running stop signs and making illegal turns. Phone Post 3.0

What do you guys mean by illegal turns? Going the wrong way down a one way?

Fuck ya!!!!

They don't even pay road tax the fuckers and they always own the city! Phone Post

I'm sure all Boston area drivers never endanger anyone else on the road by always using their turn signals, never making illegal turns, never running red lights and, of course, never using their phones while driving.

RRRING, RRRIIING, RRRRIIIING!
Frantically rings bell and meanmuggs OP as cycling past on the right (as OP unsuccessfully attempts a right hand turn.)

CHILLITACO - 

Fuck ya!!!!

They don't even pay road tax the fuckers and they always own the city! Phone Post

Wow, didn't know when I buy gas and pay 1,000 other taxes, none of that was going to pay for the roads.

Learn something new everyday! Thanks man!

My favorite in LA is when they act like actual moving vehicles...except to use the crosswalk to get through intersections....at which times they suddenly expect to be treated as pedestrians in a cross-walk despite the fact they are still riding and not walking the bike.

scab1 - I'm sure all Boston area drivers never endanger anyone else on the road by always using their turn signals, never making illegal turns, never running red lights and, of course, never using their phones while driving.

this isnt about the shitty boston drivers, its about shitty boston cyclists. 

and ffs 98% of them SHOULDNT be wearing spandex, and 100% of them arent pros

Good. Bout time bike riders had their laws enforced Phone Post 3.0

In Houston they have this group that has thousands of members ride around Houston on the last Friday of the month. Not Kidding thousands and they blow through every red light and stop sign stopping traffic. It's only a matter of time before someone plows through them. I fucking hate these people. A bunch of hipsters.

http://houstoncriticalmass.com/ Phone Post 3.0

And the world was a safer place for it. Oh wait. Phone Post 3.0

Mihow - Idiots

I ride 25 min a day to/from work total and at bare minimum twice a week a car runs a stop sign and I have to come to a complete stop

Also cars turning right when I have the light to go straight ( crosswalk )

I used to live further away and I biked 2 hours a day for 2.5 years. Drivers are dangerous and shitty Phone Post 3.0

This

While some cyclists are indeed assholes, drivers are way worse and it's not even close.

Cyclists don't belong on the road with cars. They need a dedicated raised lane. Perhaps mark the sidewalk with a bike lane (yes a bike lane on the sidewalk instead of on the road). I hate seeing them when I drive and I hate riding on the road and worrying about some texting drunk bitch putting makeup on running me over when I bike. Most idiotic idea ever to mix the two types of traffic.

I can understand the outrage. At least 3 of my family members have been killed by out of control cyclists just in the last year. These cops have their priorities straight. I hope they start cracking down hard on weed possession next.

Ridgeback - 

Why don't cities invest in bikeways and raised lanes?  Seems like this would cut down on pollution and noise and traffic jams and also encourage people to not be fat.  

Cyclists are mostly cunts that get off on antagonizing drivers and think they should be able to go 12 mph in a 50mph zone and cars just have to deal with them. They don't ask for lanes off the road but insist on bike lanes on the road.

You know what else is fucking annoying when it comes to motorcycles, bicycles, and mopeds? That they share the road yet think it's ok to go around you or between lanes and cut in front of you at a light, intersection, or heavy traffic. When at the supermarket do you guys cut in line in front of someone with a shopping cart just because you have a basket?

Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children!

They are pieces of shit in NYC, too. Twice this week, some middle aged fat fuck took his bike on the crowded train during am rush hour.
Just ride your fucking bike, asshole. Phone Post 3.0