Bout to invest.

So last year spoiled me because half of my total investments (NVDA) grew 100%. This year I’m considering 2 options.

1: a balanced 8 stock portfolio with blue chips like Microsoft and Visa as well as riskier plays like SQ and JD. 

2: pure yolo with all of it going into Bitcoin Ethereum and Litecoin. 

Im 24 with relatively few responsibilities and about 5 grand to play with. What better place to ask financial advice than the OG. What would you guys do?

I have 6.6 ETH That i bought at 450$ about 3 months ago. It’s now 1418$ per eth. Best thing I have done is HODL. 

I bought a nano ledger s and deleted all crypto related apps from my phone. I check 2-3 times a week so I’m not influenced by dips.

I would put everything you have into ethereum. One year from now I’m going to bump this thread and show you what I mean. 

ETHEREUM

Total investment is $5k? How much do you have saved otherwise? 

Co3 -

12 into Roth and a couple in a rainy day

I balanced portfolio of low fee index funds. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

I'm interested in this too. I'm 30, single, own my home and my cars paid off but I have like $16k in the banks and I feel like doing something crazy 

Wish I knew what that meant 

YaoMingia -

I'm interested in this too. I'm 30, single, own my home and my cars paid off but I have like $16k in the banks and I feel like doing something crazy 

Lets do this bro. Crypto all year. We will either ball out or go down in flames together.

YaoMingia -

Wish I knew what that meant 

Do a bit of reading on index funds and active vs. passively managed funds.

The great thing about being a passive index investor is that it is very easy. You don't time the market, you don't invest in individual companies so there is no reasearch, etc.

You aim to return the market average year in, year out, and minimize fees as they kill your returns.

iqwrestler -
Co3 -

12 into Roth and a couple in a rainy day

If you have a rainy day fund, roll the dice

iqwrestler -
YaoMingia -

Lets do this bro. Crypto all year. We will either ball out or go down in flames together.

I'm trying..I just got my binance and Coinbase accounts set up today and my bank keeps canceling my deposits 

YaoMingia -
iqwrestler -
YaoMingia -

I'm trying..I just got my binance and Coinbase accounts set up today and my bank keeps canceling my deposits 

Can’t you just buy straight through your bank account on coinbase?

Yea but it says it's going to take a week so I was hoping to get in today

I’m in. Litecoin at $225, Bitcoin at $13,120, Ethereum at $1,240. Gonna hold for at least a year. 

ltr