Bowling....

Two hands. Legs spread. Granny shot. Phone Post 3.0

S bend7 - I'm sure there's an Aussie guy on the American bowling circuit that bowls with two hands and is pretty good. Phone Post 3.0

Jason Belmonte

Thanks for all the advice guys. Gonna go tomorrow night and see if I can successfully implement any of it. I am going to google the Aussie. Would love to see a pro using both hands. I used an eleven pound house ball last time with a little success but I am going to try to stick to a 14 lbs ball from here on out. Yes a fucking score of fucking 14 I kept fucking up then over compensating and fucking up in the opposite direction. Plus I was trashed. Phone Post 3.0

I spin the fucker. Put two fingers in (leave your thumb out - good guys use the thumb but I'm not that good). I hold it so my palm is facing towards the pins, then bring it back and flick my wrist so that my palm twists a little over 90 degrees

It's pretty great once you get the hang of it because you look like a badass when you do it

I haven't bowled in forever but I was able to hit 160 or so fairly consistently with it

AsimpleFan - Thanks for all the advice guys. Gonna go tomorrow night and see if I can successfully implement any of it. I am going to google the Aussie. Would love to see a pro using both hands. I used an eleven pound house ball last time with a little success but I am going to try to stick to a 14 lbs ball from here on out. Yes a fucking score of fucking 14 I kept fucking up then over compensating and fucking up in the opposite direction. Plus I was trashed. Phone Post 3.0

Use 14-16lb ball. You gotta get some pin action.

I hate 10 pin bowling mostly because public lanes have terrible lanes and balls. 5 pin is more challenging but it's easier to throw consistent from alley to alley, IMO. Phone Post 3.0

dizz - I spin the fucker. Put two fingers in (leave your thumb out - good guys use the thumb but I'm not that good). I hold it so my palm is facing towards the pins, then bring it back and flick my wrist so that my palm twists a little over 90 degrees

It's pretty great once you get the hang of it because you look like a badass when you do it

I haven't bowled in forever but I was able to hit 160 or so fairly consistently with it

artificial spin imo

You don't want the ball to go in a right to left spin like 3 to 9 o'clock

You want more of a 4:30-5 to 10:30-11 o'clock rotation not spin.

If you could consistently hit 160 doing that than learn bowling the right way, with the right release and rotation ....you'd be in the 220's 230's easily. With the spin you are putting on it makes it very hard to control when the lane conditions change.

I used to bowl 2 leagues a week and had a 215 or so average, Never gotten a 300 but have had numerous 700 series's and highest game of 278

I wanna say Vulva Fabulous (I think) on the OG is great bowler.

Yeah I am 140lbs and I read the rule of thumb is 10% your body weight. The guys I bowl with don't even use the holes they just cup it against their forearm. We all suck but I sucked the most the first time I played. I know the 10% rule isn't practical for some people but it applies to me. Phone Post 3.0

UGCTT_EnderTL - I hate 10 pin bowling mostly because public lanes have terrible lanes and balls. 5 pin is more challenging but it's easier to throw consistent from alley to alley, IMO. Phone Post 3.0
Didn't know 5 pin existed. My mom always talked about duck pin bowling. But I think that is more regional. Phone Post 3.0

CaptainWoody - 
dizz - I spin the fucker. Put two fingers in (leave your thumb out - good guys use the thumb but I'm not that good). I hold it so my palm is facing towards the pins, then bring it back and flick my wrist so that my palm twists a little over 90 degrees

artificial spin imo

If you could consistently hit 160 doing that than learn bowling the right way, with the right release and rotation ....you'd be in the 220's 230's easily. With the spin you are putting on it makes it very hard to control when the lane conditions change.

I used to bowl 2 leagues a week and had a 215 or so average, Never gotten a 300 but have had numerous 700 series's and highest game of 278

Pretty interesting stuff. I have no idea about any of this, because I basically just taught myself when I played drunkenly in college once a week with buddies

No idea how to rotate it from 5 to 11

AsimpleFan -
UGCTT_EnderTL - I hate 10 pin bowling mostly because public lanes have terrible lanes and balls. 5 pin is more challenging but it's easier to throw consistent from alley to alley, IMO. Phone Post 3.0
Didn't know 5 pin existed. My mom always talked about duck pin bowling. But I think that is more regional. Phone Post 3.0
5 pin uses a smaller ball with no holes, and five pins hence the name. I believe duck pin bowling is when you use the smaller 5 pin ball but there are 10 pins, but I could be wrong.

I bowled in a five pin league for a few years so I'm a bit biased. :) Phone Post 3.0

^Well you're kind of doing the same thing in a way.

Your thumb should come out first, then you use your fingers to "lift" or rotate the ball.

Also remember that when you see those really good bowlers, they have really good balls hehe. They have counter weights in the balls to keep the rpm's going on the rotation. It's kind of an optical illusion because it looks like the ball is spinning right to left 'cause the rpm's are high.

CaptainWoody - ^Well you're kind of doing the same thing in a way.

Your thumb should come out first, then you use your fingers to "lift" or rotate the ball.

Also remember that when you see those really good bowlers, they have really good balls hehe. They have counter weights in the balls to keep the rpm's going on the rotation. It's kind of an optical illusion because it looks like the ball is spinning right to left 'cause the rpm's are high.

See, I don't even bowl with my thumb in the ball. I know you're supposed to but I couldn't figure it out how to do it

Bowling is fun though

Watch the first throw on this video

Kinda gay video though lol

S bend7 - I'm sure there's an Aussie guy on the American bowling circuit that bowls with two hands and is pretty good. Phone Post 3.0
Belmonte. Yes, he's ridiculous Phone Post 3.0

CaptainWoody -

artificial spin imo

Thanks Cap, not great but was pretty good in my younger days before I got sick. I didn't bowl for 5yrs but went bowling for the first time 2 Thursdays ago with an old bowling buddy trying to get my head on straight after my dad passing.

We just threw the ball around without keeping score for 30 min and then kept score 1 game. I shot 203 and had more fun than any 300 game or 800 series I ever bowled.

Sad to say, I don't miss it that much but had fun....meaning, no leagues in the future. I can see myself bowling with him every week on a Thursday morning when the place is empty. No complaints from asshole bowlers, just fun. Phone Post 3.0

AsimpleFan - Yeah I am 140lbs and I read the rule of thumb is 10% your body weight. The guys I bowl with don't even use the holes they just cup it against their forearm. We all suck but I sucked the most the first time I played. I know the 10% rule isn't practical for some people but it applies to me. Phone Post 3.0
Where are you from? Phone Post 3.0

I've recently been working on my loft, trying to get as much air and the ball as far down the lane as possible. I want pins to explode from a direct impact of the ball.

I think it will bring a new level of excitement to the game when I eventually make it on the amateur pro circuit.

Only been bowling 4 times. The first time sucked but the best advise I was given was to take a look at the pins and then aim using the arrows. I bowl at the arrows not the pins and I have had between 145-167 every game since. Granted that has only been 8 rounds or so but still. Not bad for a little to no experience. Phone Post 3.0