Boxer Max Baer

Extreme puncher, he had around 49 KO's.

Mad Cap got a bad wrap in that movie but he was ok. 

Jethro's dad.....no can defense

Great fighter, always fun to watch.

Fan of Max Baer  and I love that hilight, watched it heaps lately.

Seems like a dick.

ShanTheMan - 

This,Cinderella Man was a good movie,and i can see why they represented him as they did for story purposes.
But its kinda amazing how far apart the "based on a true story" version is against the real life Baer

fubar_ -
ShanTheMan - 

This,Cinderella Man was a good movie,and i can see why they represented him as they did for story purposes.
But its kinda amazing how far apart the "based on a true story" version is against the real life Baer

Read the book. It gives a much more accurate account.

fubar_ -
ShanTheMan - 

For real. I didn’t like the way they portrayed him.. The whole cold-blooded heavyweight killer with no remorse. Quite the opposite of the man from what I’ve read. Didn’t he put the son of the guy that he killed through college or take care of his family financially after that tragedy? Kinda the opposite of how they made him out to be in that movie, which is a shame.

IHeartBoobies -
fubar_ -
ShanTheMan - 

For real. I didn’t like the way they portrayed him.. The whole cold-blooded heavyweight killer with no remorse. Quite the opposite of the man from what I’ve read. Didn’t he put the son of the guy that he killed through college or take care of his family financially after that tragedy? Kinda the opposite of how they made him out to be in that movie, which is a shame.

Yep, the in-ring deaths haunted him for his entire life and he made sure the family was always taken care of financially. Kind of like the Nazi boxer Max Schmelling caring for Joe Louis after he was chewed up and spit out. 

MattyECB -
IHeartBoobies -
fubar_ -
ShanTheMan - 

Yep, the in-ring deaths haunted him for his entire life and he made sure the family was always taken care of financially. Kind of like the Nazi boxer Max Schmelling caring for Joe Louis after he was chewed up and spit out. 

I’ve always thought a REAL Hollywood movie (not that “Joe and Max” crappy made-for-TV movie they made) about Joe and Max would be amazing, as long as they stayed true to the story. 

It's complete bullshit how Max Baer was portrayed in Cinderella Man. It was quite the opposite. Killing Frankie Campbell haunted him horribly. I've always thought it was a real scumbag move portraying him that way.

RhinoHog - 

Jethro's dad.....no can defense

"I was born as Max Baer Jr., but I will die as Jethro Bodine."

ShanTheMan -

yeah as a huge baer fan myself and reading about his story he was probably the good guy between him and braddock...

baer was so haunted by killing a guy he would have night terrors, he even took care of the guys family by giving his entire purse for the next bunch of fights to the guys family. Unofrtunately he was so mentally fucked by it he lost most of those fights

ttt

Loved Cinderella Man when I first saw it. After learning how it completely misrepresented Max Baer I won't watch it. It's a real shitball move to portray a real guy as a completely different person so you can have a villain in your movie.

I read somewhere that his last words were "oh god here I go"

ArmbarKing - Loved Cinderella Man when I first saw it. After learning how it completely misrepresented Max Baer I won't watch it. It's a real shitball move to portray a real guy as a completely different person so you can have a villain in your movie.

Oh give me a break 

it wasn’t a documentary 

it was a MOVIE starring russel crowe for gods sake

lighten up, its hollywood, its what they do, make movies out of half truths

ttt