Boxing by Rhythm or by Sight?

Wondering in the end is it better to be a boxer by sight or a boxer by rhythm? If you had to pick which would be the best way to box and which one would give the most problems to opponents? Phone Post

Both!

Matt HangOn -  Wondering in the end is it better to be a boxer by sight or a boxer by rhythm? If you had to pick which would be the best way to box and which one would give the most problems to opponents? Phone Post
explain your definition of each please

Pacquioa offensive boxer by rhythm. Pernell Whitaker defensive by rhythm. Hearns offensive by sight. Mayweather defensive by sight Phone Post

I still don't understand how you're differentiating them?

Well based on that definition I would say sight. Seems like by sight you mean skill level as opposed to fighting on instinct or attributes Phone Post

pharochuck - Well based on that definition I would say sight. Seems like by sight you mean skill level as opposed to fighting on instinct or attributes Phone Post
By Sight I mean as were he uses reflexes, speed, and baiting where the force counters and attacks. By rhythm I mean constant footwork, and flow where they find openings and capitalize rather than make and force them. Phone Post

If i had to pick i'd say both. The reason most boxers fight one way or another is because they've found the style that best suits their physical abilities.

HULC - If i had to pick i'd say both. The reason most boxers fight one way or another is because they've found the style that best suits their physical abilities.
kind of like they dont pick the style, the style picks them

pharochuck - 
HULC - If i had to pick i'd say both. The reason most boxers fight one way or another is because they've found the style that best suits their physical abilities.
kind of like they dont pick the style, the style picks them

Sort of. I mean Marciano was never gonna be using Hearns style effectively, no matter how much he trained it.

Thanks that makes total sense. The reason I ask this is from watching coaches implement different ideologies when switching from one of there fighters to the next. Just wondering wondering if one had the ability to do both which would be best since it would be hard to implement both at a developing stage. Phone Post

I never thought about doing just one. You need lots of tools in your box, cause your going to run into all sorts of style matchups.