boxing comm to vot on mma in pa

FYI i talked to some of the boxing mafia ( athletic commish) they said a vote for pa is up this month. they are for it and one of the commish's in philly loves mma. they said it just depends on th politcian in pa. so guys get your email to sports writers and politician ready. hopefully this will happen. any thoughts?

cool

ttt

WOW, this is exciting!!! Do you have email addresses to write to?? Will you let us know when the vote is happening???

ttt

does someone know if they've set a hearing date?

please post info...

the guy i talked to is an old boxer named Andy kid depaul. he is a pretty nice guy. They used to think we were all nuts and compared mma to toughman. Now they realized there is $$ to be made. so it is i different thing. Sorry i don't have any e mail adress but i bet joe cunlife (sorry if spelled wrong) does.
we should still call sports shows and e mail the sports writersb national and localy. Most of them think there is not enough intrest in mma. Or they don't understand it and berate it. we need to educate them and explain the facts.

finally, ttt.

"Kid" DePaul is actually Andrew DePaulo, 1 of 3 State Athletic Commissioners.

The next Commissioners meeting is scheduled for Monday, February 23, 2004, at 11:00AM in Room 302 of the North Building in Harrisburg.

Greg Sirb, Executive Director, Pennsylvania State Athletic Commission, confirmed this week that MMA is on the agenda, but warns he is not sure whether a vote will be taken.

As reported on my MMA in PA web site, I have worked with Sirb for nearly 2 years and spoke at their October 2003 meeting. The Unified Rules of Conduct were presented at their December 2003 meeting.

Zuffa played a HUGE part in this as well with their presentation at the 2003 ABC Conference.

Even if MMA is voted on and approved, the Commission must still then write the regulations that will govern the sport, which could take 6-8 months or more.

Letters of support can be mailed to: Gregory P. Sirb, Executive Director, PA State Athletic Commission, 2601 North 3rd Street, Harrisburg, PA 17110, or e-mail Sirb at gsirb@state.pa.us.

ttt

TTT

ttt

The meeting and possible vote is in 1 week.

I just sent an e-mail to him.

Joseph, you said you spoke at the last meeting. I live in York...Harrisburg is about a 30-40 minute drive for me...and I know exactly how to get to N. 3rd St.

I go to college and would consider myself to be a reasonably intelligent and articulate person. I'm not sure if it's possible or not...but I'd like to go and speak on MMA's behalf.

E-mail me at rwcjr148@NetZero.com and let me know if there is anything I can do to help

e-mail sent.