Boxing in MN?

Im interested in learning a little western boxing here in Minnesota.

Where is a good place to go though?

www.mnkali.com

I didnt see any Western Boxing classes on that site.

Put on a cowboy hat and some boots and come up to the academy.
mmaacombatzone.com

Yeeeha...we'll be waiting for you.

Seriously though, what is your location?

Im in Bloomington

Are you still looking?

Haven't you been looking for MMA, BJJ and now Western Boxing in MN for like 2 months? There are some very good schools in the Minneapolis area. Have you actually checked any of them out yet?

I have...

MMA - I just dont see it working, I dont want to be a fighter.

BJJ - I did practice for a while (6 months or so) and I have a good enough hold on it to protect myself on the ground against someone with little or no experience.

Boxing - I would just like to learn a little at a time. I dont want to fight at this point. Its more for recreation and self defense.

I mean if I excel in it then yeah, I would compete...But its just something Ive always wanted to do and am now just looking into it.

Of all the schools I have found, no one offers just regular boxing.

Oh boy.

You don't see MMA working?

6 months of BJJ and you got 'er figured out?

Maybe the reason you aren't finding a boxing gym in the MMA/BJJ schools is because they are MMA/BJJ gyms.

http://www.minnesotaboxing.com/

One of our guys goes to Rumble Boy in St. Paul and really seems to like it.  They have some really tough guys who come out of that gym.

I've heard Rice Street Boxing was pretty solid.  Some pretty tough dudes have come out of that gym.  Halverson, Johnson, etc.

Hope that helps.

^^^^

Well I guess you must just be the shit and couldnt just help out a guy who wants to casually train?

^^^^

Well I guess you must just be the shit and couldnt just help out a guy who wants to casually train?

http://www.minnesotaboxing.com/

"Well I guess you must just be the shit and couldnt just help out a guy who wants to casually train? "

You asked about gyms and I gave you the names of two of them.  How is that not helpful?  Do you want me to call their and gets schedules for you also?  Perhaps pick you up and take you to your workouts?  A warm towel perhaps?

SGavin

You asked about gyms and I gave you the names of two of them. How is that not helpful? Do you want me to call their and gets schedules for you also? Perhaps pick you up and take you to your workouts? A warm towel perhaps?

I meant towards Body Remover.

And do I have BJJ figured out...hell no. But just some asshole on the street isnt going to have a clue as to what is going on 9 out of 10 times; let along how to get out of what Im doing.

MMA - It isnt for everyone bro, I have no shame in admitting that.

teabag 'im gavin

I edited my post and gave you this link! How is that not helpful! http://www.minnesotaboxing.com/

Your comment about MMA not working said nothing about it not being for you. You said, "I just dont see it working, I dont want to be a fighter."

You are an arrogant dude.

You must have changed it while I was responding

"Boxing - I would just like to learn a little at a time. I dont want to fight at this point. Its more for recreation and self defense."

If you are interested in striking for recreation and self defense, go to the mnkali group and take a phase one class. There is also filipino dirty boxing there, tues and thursday nights at diff times. mnkali is a jkd school and incorporates alot of boxing in what they do. Go there and ask about the guy that teaches boxing to the kids with uhh, issues.

If you want to learn boxing TECHNIQUE go there, if you want to bang with some knuckleheads, go elsewhere.

I would send you to greg nelson, but the kali group is closer and it sounds like you just want to test the waters...