Boxing Question from Andre

They werent works. I never said they were. The fights were decided by body punches, because head shots were deemed too dangerous. They knew that no one would watch a fight that only allowed body shots, so in order to keep people coming to the fights they instructed the fighters to sell the head shots by slapping their chests with their non-punching hand.

I'm really shocked this isnt common knowledge on this board.

Now this is the kind of informed resonse I thought you would get on the UG. It just took an extra day.

I like your "proof", Sour Diesel. lol

My stepdad was telling me something like this but I didn't care much when I was young and besides he was a mean motherfucker but he said a lot of boxers thumbed each other in the eye instead because people watching couldn't really tell the difference but they were still agreeing not to punch full force to the face but thumbing instead but that some boxers considered this dirty while other boxers thought it was an appropriate and legal substitute for full punching in the face is what my stepfather said RIP Big Mike.

"Nobody can keep that discipline, they'll start losing and go for the KO. "

It's the same with knees to the head on the ground in the UFC. You can get carried away and do it, but you'll get disqualified so most fighters dont.

this thread has boosted my self esteem and also reinforced my belief in abortion.

YOU ARE SO FULL OF SHIT.  OF COURSE BOXERS PUNCHED WITH FULL POWER!  YOU ARE RETARTED.

The head injuries in question were actually caused by the "chest thumping" of the day. Some guys would sell the head shot so hard that they would actually dislodge particles of plaque in their aortic arch that would then flow up the carotid arteries and into the brain where they would cause a mini stroke. Mini strokes or TIAs (transient ischemic attacks) are well known to cause deteroriating mental function.

It's an ironic fact that brain damage has actually lessened now that boxing allows full power shots to the head.

Punk Dobbs makes a good point I had forgotten.

Um, you are possibly the most internet-challenged person ever.

"First of all, you claim that there is "photographic evidence" of head injuries.... prove it. Show me this evidence."

LOL!! You do the work. Look at Carmen Basilio's face after his fight with Robinson. Look at his EYE.

Look at Marciano's nose with Ezzard Charles split it in HALF. HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Google is your friend my freng. ;)

"Secondly, most of the ringside witnesses, doctors, and boxers are IN ON IT. They are part of the show man! Wake up!

Believe me, most of the stuff you see is fake, altered, doctored, or photoshopped."

ROTFLMAO!!! Source? :)

I know you guys are just having fun though. With CRACK that is lol!!!

Amusing thread, just amusing.

Tell that to the families of Max Baers victims!

I know this thread threatens everything you thought you knew about pre-1963 boxing, but are you going to deny that that era's boxing heavily influenced later figures like Randy The Macho Man Savage and The Iron Sheik?

lol @ the number of simpletons on here actually giving this guy a straight answer.

but just out of interest, for what trolling purpose was setting 1963 as the year when boxers began to really punch each other in the head?

Arbitrary.

lol

bsrizpac is amzingly gay.

oleg,

It was just a bit of fun because it was so ridiculous. The funny part is seeing how ridiculous it can get and still have people arguing it. I dont like mean-spirited trolling, but when youve been on the mma boards for many, many years, you feel youve had every possible conversation, so you come up with some ridiculous ones to keep you entertained. Most people enjoy them, even the ones who were "had".