Boxing voted toughest sport - MMA?

Check out this ESPN link
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/sportSkills

Boxing was voted toughest sport... where do you guys think MMA is on that list? (obviously it wasnt considered)

I'm also intrested in what you think are its scores for the various skills?

--hyper

There was a category called "Martial Arts" on that list. That would include Tai Chi, Aikido, muay Thay, jiu-jitsu, and MMA. Because all martial arts are prety much the same.

I hardly think that MMA and Tai Chi would involve the same amount of endurance/ strenghth etc... and therefore be lumped in the same category.

If anything I would say MMA would have similar skills to boxing ... similar in most maybe a little less durability more flexibily more analytical thinking.

anyone else?

--hyper

ttt

--hyper

Yes, I was serious about Tai Chi and MMA being pretty much the same.

Da Swede is correct Boxing since its focus is head and bodyshots -You cant tapout and if you are known for throwing in the towel you lose you lic and promotability.

Ok but that is just one item on the list... durability. (did you guys read the article?)

but i would say agility / flexibiliy / analytical thinking / strength / Nerve... would all be ranked higher in MMA and power / endurance would be similar putting MMA ahead. No?

--hyper

ttt

---hyper

Well... do the major jounalists consider MMA a sport??? Probably not...

I am sure they view K-1/Kickboxing as a sport, and probably viewed that for this ranking list.

But I doubt too many ESPN honchoes seriously regard MMA (since they probably only know about UFC and perhaps Pride). To them, a couple of big shows rather than a sport. Just my guess

of course of course ... just wondering what anybody thought in terms of the list where MMA would be judging by there criteria.

--hyper

Unfortunately, The assholes at ESPN don't consider MMA a sport.

MMA IS NOT A SPORT BUT BILLIARDS AND BOWLING - NOW THOSE ARE TRUE SPORTS WORTHY OF ESPN!!! LOL!! LMFAO!

I agree with the previous post. WTF is it with billiards?? Now those guys are true athletes! LOL!! ESPN is a fucking joke!! I do not watch ESPN at all. I do watch Foxsports from time to time though.