Braces as a child/teen?

I had them and they fucking sucked.

My teeth weren't really that bad just had some spaces in between some teeth.

I had them for 5 years.... From 8th grade until my first semester of college.

Looking back I don't think id do it again, the pain wasn't worth it. Don't get me wrong I have a pretty smile now, no homo, but I don't care. Fuck braces. I had them on for so long because I had an overbite they had to correct. But I think your naturally supposed to have an overbite, if you think about it Phone Post 3.0

Thread of the year!!!! Phone Post 3.0

I fucking WISH I had braces as a kid

My teeth are jacked are it's caused some self esteem issues

I truly believe if my teeth were straight I would have 20x more confidence Phone Post 3.0

My parents stupidly gave me the option and obviously I turned it down. Now have a mouth like a bag of spanners Phone Post 3.0

I had em.  Hated em.

But my orthodontist had some super hot assistants so I was OK with it.  Even with my braces and pubescent voice, I was positive they wanted my sting.

The Man With No Screen Name - Thread of the year!!!! Phone Post 3.0
Fuck. I came in to say this. Vtfu.
My teeth are so jacked, and braces were not going to help my jacked up bite. I got the front teeth capped instead , and that helped Phone Post 3.0

You guys that wish you had braces could go get invisalign?

Had em and they sucked big time.

Had them for I think four years right up to freshman year of high school.

Was so happy when I got those bitches off. Phone Post 3.0

4 years, not attractive.

Kimo Lives - I fucking WISH I had braces as a kid

I truly believe if my teeth were straight I would have 20x more confidence Phone Post 3.0
Now I feel like an asshole. Phone Post 3.0

This too! Got made fun of for years. Got so use to it, I never really thought about it....
Then one of the kids at my kids school told my kid said " your daddy has funny teeth"
Had caps 2 months later Phone Post 3.0

Had braces for a decade. They fucking suck but god damn my teeth are Hollywood now. Phone Post 3.0

I had them 3.5 years, junior high to HS, and yes, they sucked balls. But, now that I have a perfect smile, I know the pain and embarrassment was worth it. Phone Post 3.0

rustyshakleford -

This too! Got made fun of for years. Got so use to it, I never really thought about it....
Then one of the kids at my kids school told my kid said " your daddy has funny teeth"
Had caps 2 months later Phone Post 3.0
Dude when kids bring it up that's the worst. They don't even know it's embarrassing they just state the obvious...........the obvious........aaaarrrrrggghhhh Phone Post 3.0

I'm 30. My daughter is going to need them. I'm dead serious about possibly getting them at the same time she does. My teeth are fucked from leaving my wisdom teeth in too long, bjj, boxing, and wreslting. All kinds of crowding and crooked shit. Phone Post 3.0

I am 29. Just got them (too old for them, I know) because we were broke when I grew up. Dead serious :-/ they are bothersome when I eat and get food stuck in them. I can't chew gum or eat very hard, crunchy food but it's going to be so worth it when my teeth look better. :-) I regret nothing. Phone Post 3.0

Oh.. And Bjs have become a bit trickier, a little painful but my husband is content. Phone Post 3.0

5 years wtf your teeth must've been fucked I had mine for 18 months Phone Post 3.0

Had them, stupidly didn't wear the retainer for very long because I couldn't sleep well with it. Teeth shifted back a little, and I hate it. I'm 21 now and as soon as I have the money I'm going to see if I can get the invisiligne ones because not having perfect teeth fucks with my confidence lol

I had them from 8th to junior year of HS.

Mine were fairly extensive. Started with only the front top four. That was to make space for the expander, a mid evil torture device that widened my top jaw to align right with the bottom.
My mom had to put a key in the middle and crank it twice every two weeks. It was hell.
So I had a Mrs. Clean gap for a good 4months.
Then the rest went on, I eventually had rubber bands going every which way. My eye teeth were way up in my jaw so the stuck these little buttons(think the metal piece in your pants pockets) on the tooth and had a band going down to my bottom teeth and diagonally across.

Since the day I got them off I've had a permanent retainer on my bottom row.

I regret NONE of it. I get a lot of compliments on how nice my teeth are. Phone Post 3.0