Brad Pickett talks McDonald, title shots & 125lbs

Brad Pickett faces Michael McDonald in a bout which should be (in typical Pickett fashion) absolutely epic.

Pickett is hoping that a victory would put him in line for a title shot, but with all that's happening in the division of course it's not a dead cert.

YourMMA.tv: McDonald has been in top form with his fights, losing for the first time in four years back in February against Renan Barao. Do you think this fight is one of the more dangerous ones that you could have picked in the bantamweight division, seeing as though he does have a penchant for finishing fights?

BP: Anyone in the bantamweight division will be a tough fight. Stylistically, I believe it is a good match up for me though. We're both hard hitting fighters, so it will be based on who's more durable, and I believe I have the better chin out of the two of us, so that works in my favour. Also, in my eyes, I've fought much harder competition. McDonald's only really tough fight was Renan Barao. The rest of the people he has faced, I would easily beat the same opposition.

He also talks flyweight, would he and could he? XBox One vs. PS4, and a bunch of other stuff here:

http://www.yourmma.tv/fighters/interview-details.asp/id/341/brad-pickett-interview-ufc-on-fox-sports-1-michael-mcdonald.htm

I can't believe this fight is on the prelims and Uriah Hall is on the main card.

3rdLion - I can't believe this fight is on the prelims and Uriah Hall is on the main card.
There is no shame on being on the FX prelims. They draw more eyeballs than the PPV and are booked to be fun fights that provide much needed exposure to fighters. Phone Post 3.0

Any Pickett fight is always a firm favourite for FOTN. Would have been cool for him to be on Fox Sports 1, he deserves it for sure.