Brad Tavares vs. Caio Magalhaes

danybayamon23 - I haven't seen Brad fight in a while, so when did he get so ripped? Always remember him a bit soft in the belly. Phone Post 3.0
Thought the same thing Phone Post 3.0

30-27 Brad

Zzzzzzzzzzzz Phone Post 3.0

Marve1 - Seems like Tavares could land his jab at will as well as leg kicks but for whatever reason he's using both sparingly.
Because Caio has insane power, and 1 successful counterto either, could very well be the end. He was very smart to mix it up. Phone Post 3.0

Don't see how anyone could score that for magalhaes Phone Post 3.0

Split decision?!?! What the fuck? How can anybody make an argument that Brad didn't win the last two rounds very clearly? Phone Post 3.0

29-28 Magalhaes is an embarrassingly bad score. Too much emphasis on the guillotine attempt in the 3rd.

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - 
Marve1 - Seems like Tavares could land his jab at will as well as leg kicks but for whatever reason he's using both sparingly.
Because Caio has insane power, and 1 successful counterto either, could very well be the end. He was very smart to mix it up. Phone Post 3.0

So you're saying two of the best attacks for setting distance while not over extending yourself and leaving yourself open for hard counters is a bad idea? Ok...not sure I agree but hey we all have an opinion and none of us are the ones in there fighting.

Marve1 -

So you're saying two of the best attacks for setting distance while not over extending yourself and leaving yourself open for hard counters is a bad idea? Ok...not sure I agree but hey we all have an opinion and none of us are the ones in there fighting.
No, I'm not saying he shouldn't throw them. I'm saying he shouldn't get predictable with them, he should have mixed it up like he did. Phone Post 3.0

Marve1 -

No, I'm not saying he shouldn't throw them. I'm saying he shouldn't get predictable with them, he should have mixed it up like he did. Phone Post 3.0

I don't recall anywhere in my initial post saying he should be predictable and not mix anything up. What I said was that he seemed to be able to land both at will and for whatever reason chose not to do so. Point being it's two separate attacks that I feel like he could have landed a lot more than he did while being relatively safe.