Brandon Vera released from the UFC

Huge Vera fan here and this news sucks, but he simply wasn't performing. Every fight we hear about how he finally has his head on straight and things are going to be different this time, only to have the same thing happen over and over. He looked good coming out in the 1st, but it's like he just caved mentally or something. I honestly thought Vera was going to tear through everyone and snatch
the HW belt with ease when he returned to the UFC. Hopefully he'll be able to able to figure some things out because I really don't think it's an issue of not being talented enough. Best of luck to Vera (and free up some room in that SF tourney, Coker!) Phone Post

Another underachiever bites the dust.

If getting embarrassed by Silva and cut by UFC doesn't lead him to make changes in himself, nothing will. The talent seems to be there but until he gets over that mental hurdle, he'll never be a top fighter. Maybe he needs a sports psychiatrist or maybe he just doesn't have that mental switch.

I hope he does well because I hate to see all that talent go to waste but he's been giving enough chances to prove himself and he failed every time.

Sad really but he hasnt looked good in a long time.  Hope he does well in another org and gets his fire back.

Yet Marcus Davis is still employed.

What the hell happened to him in those 11 months? It completely fúcked him up

Seems like he never got his mojo back after being on the shelf during the contract dispute.

I really hope he gets signed for the Bellator tournament.

Finally!

I think he needs to go back to Hw. LHW just doesn't seem to suit his body type at all. I don't think he's looked in any of his LHW fights.

Meatbag - Seems like he never got his mojo back after being on the shelf during the contract dispute.

+1

Hate420 - Yet Marcus Davis is still employed.

Marcus brings it and commands less bread. Brandon gets beat sidways, is boring, and commands more $$$. Brandon needs to find that fire again. You are full of bias hate.

perhaps Tony Robbins can get his mojo back, like he did with Aggasi. worth a try imo

BEST NEWS I HAVE HEARD ALL DAY!!!

FreakDaddy - 

Marcus brings it and commands less bread. Brandon gets beat sidways, is boring, and commands more $$$. Brandon needs to find that fire again. You are full of bias hate.

Lost 4 of his last 5. Constantly speaks about these "gentlemanly agreements" to stand,then is the first one shooting. I may be a bit bias,but he sure annoys me. Seems as though TUF'ers seem to be able to keep their jobs a lot easier.

SF has no use for this man.. he need to go see a sports shrink

Chris Power - I've never seen a fighter's ability to fight so impacted by their mental side than Vera.

Sokoju.

Tough break homie. I'd really like to see him in the next K-1 tourney though... Phone Post

Hate420 - 
FreakDaddy - 

Lost 4 of his last 5. Constantly speaks about these "gentlemanly agreements" to stand,then is the first one shooting. I may be a bit bias,but he sure annoys me. Seems as though TUF'ers seem to be able to keep their jobs a lot easier.

Mr. Hater,

So it will make you feel better to see another fighter lose his job because you did not want to see Brandon lose his?? I happen to like Brandon and Marcus, but the UFC is justified in their decision. Marcus brings it, Brandon has not for a long time.

FreakDaddy - 
Hate420 - 
FreakDaddy - 

Mr. Hater,

So it will make you feel better to see another fighter lose his job because you did not want to see Brandon lose his?? I happen to like Brandon and Marcus, but the UFC is justified in there decision. Marcus brings it, Brandon has not for a long time.

Whenever Marcus hits a skid he is thrown the "goulets" of the MMA world to tune him back up. Vera gets thrown in with Thiago F'n Silva and Bones Jones. I'd say their is a bit of bias on the UFC's part. I don't like to see anyone lose their job,but I'm tired of TUF'ers getting special treatment by the brass. See Stephan Bonnar for another example.