Brandon Vera vs. Igor Subora GIF

AllAmericana - Did he distance himself from TLI or is he still working with Irving?

Not to derail from his sweet technique displayed above, but outside the cage he seems cocky/obnoxious. I'm sure if you're friends with him he's awesome, as can be said of several asshole psychos I'm friends with so yeah... Phone Post 3.0
He split from TLI right when it was starting to heat up IIRC Phone Post 3.0

Fuckin sweet left hand.

Soccer kicks to back of the head illegal? Phone Post 3.0

AllAmericana - Did he distance himself from TLI or is he still working with Irving?

Not to derail from his sweet technique displayed above, but outside the cage he seems cocky/obnoxious. I'm sure if you're friends with him he's awesome, as can be said of several asshole psychos I'm friends with so yeah... Phone Post 3.0
He's an all around good dude.

he welcomed a few of us UGers into his home back in the day for a UFC card. He'd never met us.

he had Phils BBQ...

PHILS BBQ. Phone Post 3.0

One fc is the tits Phone Post 3.0

i just cringe seeing that kick to the back of the head like that after so much attention is so many sports to remove unneeded head injuries. Of course fighting is different, but am surprised we havent seen some major issue from kicks like that!

kungfugrip - i just cringe seeing that kick to the back of the head like that after so much attention is so many sports to remove unneeded head injuries. Of course fighting is different, but am surprised we havent seen some major issue from kicks like that!
I know what you mean but the Edson Barboza spinning kick KO of Terry Etim is an example of a unified rules legal kick that landed harder, cleaner, and did more damage than the soccer kick in this gif. Most soccer kicks don't seem to land cleanly. Phone Post 3.0

Or some of the many one shot ko punches out there.

So sure that kick to the back of the head is bad, but that guy didn't even go out completely. Phone Post 3.0

That GIF is full of a lot of WTF?

Like Subora throws a punch that barely lands and then stands there doing nothing but admiring his "damage"? He gets knocked down for it and then Vera kicks him in the back of the head? You can kick to the back of the head in this organization? That's awesome!

I don't think it landed at all really. Vera slipped outside left while taking a backstep with his rear foot, which he plants and pivots on for the counter straight.

Igor did just pause for a half sec after his failed straight, but props to Vera for capitalizing on the small window. Phone Post 3.0

AllAmericana - I don't think it landed at all really. Vera slipped outside left while taking a backstep with his rear foot, which he plants and pivots on for the counter straight.

Igor did just pause for a half sec after his failed straight, but props to Vera for capitalizing on the small window. Phone Post 3.0

Definitely. Shows that he is still sharp. His problem is too much inactivity during rounds. When he's active he has flashes of brilliance - he just doesn't match it with output.

AllAmericana - Soccer kicks really change the game after a knockdown don't they? Damn Phone Post 3.0

Yep. If that were in the ufc, he would have probably climbed into his guard and landed small rabbit like punches until the bell rang. Soccer kicks FTW!

AllAmericana - Soccer kicks really change the game after a knockdown don't they? Damn Phone Post 3.0

God damn right they do!

It is not even MMA imo when they are not allowed...

AllAmericana - 
kungfugrip - i just cringe seeing that kick to the back of the head like that after so much attention is so many sports to remove unneeded head injuries. Of course fighting is different, but am surprised we havent seen some major issue from kicks like that!
I know what you mean but the Edson Barboza spinning kick KO of Terry Etim is an example of a unified rules legal kick that landed harder, cleaner, and did more damage than the soccer kick in this gif. Most soccer kicks don't seem to land cleanly. Phone Post 3.0

This is the real deal.

Standing head kicks almost ALWAYS land on the back of the head/spine AND they carry more force per square inch than off balance soccer kicks. Most of the time a fight doesn't even torque his hips on a soccer kick.

Brigham - Fuckin LOVE One FC's rule set. Makes every fight so exciting. IMO best MMA promotion going right now Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post 3.0

whole fight

Loved it.  I had the honor of training with Vera many years ago, I was there when Dean and Higgs fell out with Fabio.  Followed them through City Boxing and Boxing Club.  Namedropcombooooooo!