Brazil... What's It Like?

Isnt the HIV rate in Brazil pretty high?

What about my blue belt? surely that will be enough to scare off most danger

I was so proud of you the day you got it. tear

Aids and grass huts, imo.

So you don't recommend it?

My thoughts on Brazil:

IT VERY NICE!!!

Wow, what eyes and lips.

i've been there nine times. summer, winter, carnival ... it's all the
same. stay out of the favelas and when in the turist areas, don't be
flashy and keep your eyes open. even then, you'll be alright.

i've only seen a couple of incidents but they were minor. i feel very
safe there. if you're gonna get wasted, just be in a group, don't go
stumblin' down some street like a hobo.

as far as the chicas go, top of the line. college coeds, milfs, hookers ...
they are all hot. wear a jimmy, just like you would here. it really isn't
that complicated.

as far as the good people of brazil, they are great and festive and love
to party. the food is good and healthy, the weather is nice, the
beaches are nice and the dollar goes a long way. even joe rogan said
he'd move there, check his blog. "brazil is da shit" were his exact
words and i agree.

Two words: nude beaches.

What more do you need to know???

Beautiful beach, BJJ, soccer, surfing, beautiful girl, etc...
I miss Brasil.

All Brazilians I have met don't really know what jiu jitsu is and if they do they don't follow it at all.

Brazil is bigger than the USA. I kind of doubt it is the same all over.

A friend did tell me once that every american man should go there at least once before he gets married.

What is Fortaleza like? I have to go there in a few months and have no idea what to expect.

I was in brasil almost 5 years ago... travelled all up and down the country, never felt unsafe. went jogging along the beaches in rio, went to a soccer match in the maracana stadium and took a bus back to the hotel, at NIGHT, ALONE. no problems. I even had a hot brazilian chick come and sit next to me lol. if you've travelled a lot you know to keep a low profile and your eyes open. there's tons of european backpackers roaming the country. seems to me like it's more the americans who are worried about their safety. which is funny seeing as how american inner cities can be pretty violent.

"Brazil itself is so beautiful, it'd be a shame for it to be tarnished by violence."

Uhhhh........where do we start on this one?

"And also, do a lot of Brazilians know jiu jitsu there or is that just a myth."

Pretty much, i think, i mean it is the most popular sport in the country so....

"and all Asians know karate.."

They dont even play baseball....

Never been to Brazil, but the murder statistics for the country suggests it can be a pretty violent place, although I'm also guessing that much of the violence occurs in the major cities (like Rio and Sao Paulo).

Been to Rio 3x and plan on going again in April. I love Brazil, and its my favorite place to visit. Not once have I have been approached in a threatening way. I stay in Ipanema. Enjoy the beach during the day. And wherever you would wantt to go shopping is perfectly fine for walking around. Once the early evening comes around, I go train, then dinner, then the nightlife. I take a taxi wherever I go, which I would do anyway. I make sure I wear a bullshit $5 watch, flip flops, board shorts and a tank top in most cases, and never experience any problem. At most you will get the runts hit you up at the beach or outside the clubs at night. Just say no thanks in Portuguese, and keep walking.

I am not stupid nor look for trouble. The food, music, training, and people are just so awesome. I would be seriously pissed if things were so bad that I couldnt go anymore!

Listen,

take my words of advice from a man, a fighter you has lived and train in Brazil and who has had a great time and dated some of the most beautiful looking girls over there you could imagine (even though I look a little like Shrek)

You just need to use common sense when you are traveling in general and you can avoid with a high level of probability any problems. Please go with friends that you trust that are Brazilian. You will have a great time. People will like and respect you as long as you aren't off the wall and too dorky, girls for instance in Brazil like Americans but not when we act too "nerdy" just keep it cool and regarding women you can do just fine. Most American guys show up in brazil and Start kissing every girls ass and that makes a lot of us look bad. It also helps if you learn some portuguese.

As far as the "Turistas" film. Honestly even though it is the movies, these weird things happen all over the world, you just need to be smart and you won't be a victim of something so crazy. Brazil has (like any country) crazy people and violent people but also really warm people as well. and people who would love to show you a good time.

go to an area at least to start with that is touristy like Rio De Janeiro but just keep your wits about you and go where people you trust suggest you go and you will be fine. For training, find a school that is reputable. if you can get hooked up with a school like top team or Royler Gracie or Chute Boxe or Alliance or one of several others that by itself will guide the rest because they all know what is going on.

Going to Brazil really changed my life and I know this, if you make the right decisions it can be one of the best and most memorable trips you've ever had,

later,

Dean Lister

When I was there I hooked up with 14 trannys and dont regret it