Brazilian cops kill 6 people a day

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/study-brazilian-cops-killed-more-than-11-000-people-in-5-years-1.2097186

Brazilian police killed more than 11,000 people between 2009 and 2013 for an average of six killings a day, a public safety NGO said Tuesday.

The study by the Sao Paulo-based Brazilian Forum on Public Safety said police nationwide killed 11,197 people over the past five years, while law enforcement agents in the United States killed 11,090 people over the past 30 years.

"The empirical evidence shows that Brazilian police make abusive use of lethal force to respond to crime and violence," the report said.

There were 416 people killed last year in Rio de Janeiro state, giving it the highest per-capita rate for 2013.

The study also said 50,806 people were killed in all homicides last year, about one person every 10 minutes.

Nearly 70 per cent of the homicide victims were black and more than half were ages 15 to 29, it said.

In addition to using excessive force, Brazilian police frequently execute suspects, said Bruno Paes Manso of the University of Sao Paulo's Center for the Study on Violence. He called it "a practice rarely investigated."

Not nearly enough.
That may sound rash but one of the main characteristics of a third world country is a large disparity between classes.
That causes people to be life time criminals, they are better armed and typically more organized; so when the cops are approaching the favelas they don't really ask questions, if you are armed you will get shot. Phone Post 3.0

I'm sure somewhere in Sao Paulo, internet board member "zangadocentimetro" rails against the police daily.

Eu sou the law!

Here comes Al Sharptonzinho Phone Post 3.0

Better call Saul...Paulo

And yet no one is speaking about this at the UN ?

In before AI! Phone Post 3.0

There was a thread about this on reddit today.

Some guy was telling a story about a Brazilian who came home to find his house being burglarized. He called the cops, who caught the burglar in the act.

As they were leading the burglar out, he started shouting threats at the homeowner, saying he was going to come back and kill him for calling the police.

The cops told the homeowner, "You know, he'll probably do it." So they took the burglar into the backyard and executed him right there.

Naderhood - Here comes Al Sharptonzinho Phone Post 3.0
Lol Phone Post 3.0

http://m.liveleak.com/view?i=488_1415589479 Phone Post 3.0

The more you look in to it the more you realize a lot of Latin American countries have insane numbers of homicides.

Guatemala, El Salvador, Belize, Venezuela and Honduras have the highest 5 murder rates in the world. Colombia is 10th. Brazil and Mexico are nightmares as well. Basically any big city in Latin America will have an incredibly high homicide rate. Phone Post 3.0

We need to rent some of those cops for Chicago and Detroit.

Chocolate Shatner - I'm sure somewhere in Sao Paulo, internet board member "zangadocentimetro" rails against the police daily.
Ha... Genuine lol... Am I the only one that got this?
Voted up Phone Post 3.0

Damn, sounds like it's turning into the US down there!!!

A mate of mines friend got her handbag stolen at the beach in Brazil.She went to the cops and went back to the beach,when she pointed him out the cop shot him on the spot.Lol she felt pretty bad she just wanted her handbag back. Phone Post 3.0

ThePeoplesYhundi - A mate of mines friend got her handbag stolen at the beach in Brazil.She went to the cops and went back to the beach,when she pointed him out the cop shot him on the spot.Lol she felt pretty bad she just wanted her handbag back. Phone Post 3.0

She got her LV bag back with brains on it?

Was anything missing?  I wonder how often this happens with tourists.  They must be pretty shocked coming from a first world country.

Our cops, errr, I mean stromstroopers, go city to city and try to find young black males and kill them in broad daylight,  for no reason.  Just for being black! 

When Brazil can claim this, I'll start caring. 

Thank goodness this is being brought to light at the UN so the world can finally see. 

#stopkillingus

TGP - 
Chocolate Shatner - I'm sure somewhere in Sao Paulo, internet board member "zangadocentimetro" rails against the police daily.
Voted up Phone Post 3.0

VTFU as well.

Al Sharptonzinho was funny - zangadocentimetro was even funnier :-P

I regret I have but one VTFU to give today, I'll have to remember the other one tomorrow.

TGP - 
Voted up Phone Post 3.0

Took me a second! VTFUs for life.