Bread a staple of Lomachenko diet

Presumably Usyk and Oleksandr Gvozdyk's as well

pasta also

In

Lights Out Lurker - 

When you're tiny and burning thousands of calories a day then you definitely need carbs. Everyone else does not.

This. It's amazing all the crap that legitimate athletes eat (look at Michael Phelps, Usain, 99% of NBA players) because they exercise enough that they can. Anyone who claims they're fat because of carbs/bread is fat because they're too fucking lazy to burn it off.

Bread is bad now?  Seems to me that its a very convenient and quick source of energy that would be quite handy for athletes putting in large quantities of volume at relatively high intensities. 

Benntheredunthat -
Lights Out Lurker - 

When you're tiny and burning thousands of calories a day then you definitely need carbs. Everyone else does not.

This. It's amazing all the crap that legitimate athletes eat (look at Michael Phelps, Usain, 99% of NBA players) because they exercise enough that they can. Anyone who claims they're fat because of carbs/bread is fat because they're too fucking lazy to burn it off.

You don't have to necessarily be lazy to not have the time a professional athlete has to spend working out.

Benntheredunthat -
Lights Out Lurker - 

Those people get paid to train.

Benntheredunthat -
Lights Out Lurker - 

I think in one of the old 24/7 episodes, Floyd talked about how he would eat McDonald’s after training.

I think BJ Penn used to do the same.

I'm still confused as to why you guys think bread is not a good source of calories when adequate amounts of protein and fat are already being consumed for an individual.  The source of calories is far less important than getting in the proper amount of them for someone's desired goals.

Genetics plays a big part too.

I used to be able to binge on junk food and never get fat.

Holy shit, does he drink water too?

Squatdog - Genetics plays a big part too.

I used to be able to binge on junk food and never get fat.

That's pretty much everyone when they are young, especially if they are at all physically active. 

Ever Judo Oylmpian I have met said they eat up to 6000 calories a day and pretty much what they want. They said as an athelete you need carbs and we can[t go below 8% body fat because we have to take throws.

Benntheredunthat - 
Lights Out Lurker - 

This! I trained with an elite level pro fighter and health nut and this motherfucker pretty much only ate Harvey's and Burger King and he looked like a god damned anatomy chart. Ripped to the fucking bone.

There’s nothing wrong with eating bread. I doubt there’s very many keto high level athletes.

Man cannot live on bread alone..