Break from BJJ to bulk

Thats what I am doing right now, and have been for a few months. Its vanity really, I wanted my body to look better after going single again and it is definitely working. BJJ isnt that good for looks. You shrink down, you get all bruised up and your ears get fucked. But boy am I missing it now...

I think im going back to it in a month, cant go much longer without it. How will it be when I start rolling again, how long does it take to regain the form I was in at my peak? Will the extra strength help a lot when I get back into business.

Maybe dudes who have experience can tell me. Be harsh too, tell me to get my dumb ass back to BJJ etc. I need the motivation lol

Kimura's all day brah Phone Post

BJJ isn't good for looks??

if i was still training and wanting to bulk up, i'd just start eating a ton more protein with no change in excersize routine. dont want to shock u but, i am no personal trainer.

creatine gained me 10 pounds of water weight in my grappling days btw...

Don't stop training, just eat more and try and be as technical as possible while rolling to reduce the amount of calories burnt, and make sure to sleep as much as possible, even random naps help Phone Post

Oh and prepare to gas worse than Phil Baroni (no offense NYBA) Phone Post

I took a little break, going on about 3 weeks now. Yesterday I went to boxing and I thought I was going to die. I want to go to BJJ today, but my body is hurting from yesterday.

What to do?

quality - I took a little break, going on about 3 weeks now. Yesterday I went to boxing and I thought I was going to die. I want to go to BJJ today, but my body is hurting from yesterday.

What to do?

You get your ass out there and you find that fucking dog! Phone Post

You're annoying Phone Post

THam raising the dead for the zombie win!

Find exercises that will help you in what your looking for & that your bjj will benefit from. Up your protein, lift & still go to class. Exercises i added or do now you ask? Dead lift, military press, hanging cleans, two hand snatch with a BIG bell, box jumps, pull ups, Olympic ring push ups with my feet on a box. I vary the weight & reps, sometimes i wear a weight vest with the plyos & even double vests on the ring push ups. I also do squats on a lever squat machine. I break these up into two days keeping my explosive movements together. I do one other day of laterals & a few other exercises to help keep the stability muscles strong. I used to walk at 160-165, I'm walking about 10lbs heavier now & still just as lean as i was. Cardio had taken a small dent, but i still roll great. Oh....warning, FRAT Phone Post

baby-silverback - 

Find exercises that will help you in what your looking for & that your bjj will benefit from. Up your protein, lift & still go to class. Exercises i added or do now you ask? Dead lift, military press, hanging cleans, two hand snatch with a BIG bell, box jumps, pull ups, Olympic ring push ups with my feet on a box. I vary the weight & reps, sometimes i wear a weight vest with the plyos & even double vests on the ring push ups. I also do squats on a lever squat machine. I break these up into two days keeping my explosive movements together. I do one other day of laterals & a few other exercises to help keep the stability muscles strong. I used to walk at 160-165, I'm walking about 10lbs heavier now & still just as lean as i was. Cardio had taken a small dent, but i still roll great. Oh....warning, FRAT Phone Post

That wasnt FRAT, it was a good reply!

Thank you sir, i figure if it helps me at 41 years young, there has to be something in there to help someone else. Good luck to you Phone Post

I did what u did. Cept I never went back to bjj, I'm in the gym 24/7 now =). I wouldn't recommend lifting and doing bjj though, you're asking for over training and you won't see any results that way. Bjj won't give you a beach body so just keep that in mind. Phone Post