Breakfast rice

FETT_TFK_El Pescadero -
illegitimateDiaz - My Filipino uncle makes the exact same thing with spam musabis and Portuguese sausage. God damn that shit is fire fam. Phone Post 3.0
My great aunt is Filipino also and makes this exact same dish, have not had it in years though... This thread makes me want to have some NOW!!! Phone Post 3.0
So this will be your next thread ? Phone Post 3.0

who will eat/make this in the next 24?

hmb - who will eat/make this in the next 24?
Me if pescadero helps out Phone Post 3.0

some additions that sound good....

mushrooms

spinach

mexican mix shredded cheese

two eggs over medium on top

spam

sausage

Fried rice for breakfast. Why not?

attjack - Fried rice for breakfast. Why not?

It has bacon... it's totally different.

hmb - 

you must not be fat.

i put bacon in my fried rice all the time. and eat it for breakfast. its delicious.

fried rice is best when the meat component is something you would find in a hawaiian breakfast (spam, bacon, or portuguese sausage)

i made some fried rice with taylor ham pork roll recently (i'm a west coaster so this pork roll thing is fairly new to me). that wasnt bad either.

hmb - 

I routinely make fried rice with bacon.

Someone explain their friend rice process..... Phone Post 3.0

Welcome to the 50th State!

Oboe - Someone explain their friend rice process..... Phone Post 3.0

Make extra rice one night. Let get stale in the fridge for a few days.

Cook bacon, chop bacon, pour off some grease add diced onions, carrots, and frozen peas and cook.

Scramble egg in separate pan, or be a boss like Jack Carter, and push everything to the side and scramble that shit in the middle of the action.

Add everything together including the rice. Add soy sauce, garlic powder and freshly diced ginger. Heat. Add chopped scallions stir and serve.

Oboe - Someone explain their friend rice process..... Phone Post 3.0

- if youre using typical japanese/korean short grain rice, dont use freshly cooked rice. its much too sticky your fried rice will end up mushy. use rice thats dried out a bit in the fridge. you can probably get away with fresh cooked jasmine/chinese rice.

i usually cook in this order

-add oil or butter and cook or heat up meat first
-add diced veggies cook or heat to preferred done-ness
-add rice
-add splash of shoyu
-toss everything
- clear off space in the pan/wok by pushing rice off to one side and crack in an egg. cook egg like you are scrambling it. once the egg is cooked, chop it up with spatula, wooden spoon, or whatever you were using to cook. toss the pile of chopped up eggs with the rest of the fried rice
-salt to taste
-eat

sometimes i will cook the meat and veggies in a separate pan and then incorporate. ill usually do the 2 pan method if im working with veggies that are going to put out a lot of water/moisture so that my rice doesnt get too soggy and gummy.

oil, minced garlic, minced onion and soy sauce in wok (sometimes minced ginger)

brown the garlic and onions

if I want shrimp or a protein I add it, cook it and and set aside... maybe do the same with baby bok choy

add old rice to oil.... fried rice is what you make with old rice in my moms house

brown the rice

then I fry an egg separately and top each rice bowl with and egg

top with chopped scallions and sesame seeds

eat

oh... for oil

I've been using avocado oil.... it's awesome

Breakfast rice: white rice, butter, milk, sugar. Phone Post 3.0

That's just fried rice.

Breakfast rice:

Cook rice
As soon as it's done, scoop some in a bowl.
Crack an egg over bowl of hot rice
Dash of shoyu, dash of chili pepper water if you're a faggot, scoop some natto in
Mix it all together and wait two minutes
Eat Phone Post 3.0

Toss some feta on top too. Phone Post 3.0

In Phone Post 3.0

In Phone Post 3.0

It's pea. Not pee. You don't want pee in your rice. Phone Post 3.0