breathing exercise routine

Scott,

About 12 weeks ago you suggested the following breathing routine for me:

"Begin with clavicular/upper respiratory in your morning practice: begin with 20 seconds, and increase 5 seconds each week for 12 weeks. At the completion of the exercise, work on our "control pause" after exhalation for 15 seconds (without discomfort), and increase 15 seconds each week for 12 weeks.

In your afternoon practice, intercostal exercise beginning with 45 seconds and increasing 15 seconds each week for 12 weeks. At the completion of the exercise, work on our "control pause" after exhalation for 10 seconds (without discomfort), and increase 10 seconds each week for 12 weeks.

In your evening practice, diaphragmatic exercise beginning with 30 seconds and increasing 10 seconds each week for 12 weeks. At the completion of the exercise, work on our "control pause" after exhalation for 5 seconds (without discomfort), and increase 5 seconds each week for 12 weeks. "

I followed this program almost everyday for almost 12 weeks. I would like to know what you suggest is the next stage for the breathing exercises.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to truly test the current extent of my breathing efficiency due to the recent reaggrivation (3 weeks ago) of an injury from a few months back. However, just prior to that I noticed that although I would still breath somewhat heavily towards the end of my grappling sessions I would recover and regain a more normal breathing rhythm more quickly.

Where should I go from here?

Thanks.

-Marco

Ok, cool.

-Marco