Breathing Ladders

Okay don't mock me because I'm an out of shape piece of shit.

But I stumbled across breathing ladders on another website the other day and tried them out tonight.

I used burpees with the push up and jump wearing a 20 lb weight vest working from 1 to 10 and back to 1 in 19:45.

My only problem is that I was getting more rest during the longer sets than I was between the sets.

Although I liked how the set number of breaths limited my down time between sets I could have pushed a little harder and shaved probably 5 minutes off my time.

The push ups were no problem but I was really having to focus on exploding off the floor on my jumps and my legs were shaking like crazy.

This makes 4 days in a row of working out for me and I'm taking tomorrow off.

Anybody else used breathing ladders?

interesting.

That's it.

I did 1 burpee, 1 breath, 2 burpees, 2 breaths, 3 burpees, 3 breaths, etc, etc, up to 10 and back down again.

ttt

"The push ups were no problem but I was really having to focus on exploding off the floor on my jumps and my legs were shaking like crazy."

yOU COULD TRY rOSS eNAMAIT'S TECHNIQUE. iN THAT HE DOES THE DOWN PORTION OF THE PRESS-UP WHILST KICKING HIS LEGS BACK, THEN DOES THE UP PORTION WHILE RETURNING TO THE CROUCH POSITON.

It puts a shed load more stress on your arms to do. Go look it up on his website if you want a graphical demonstration of how to do it. :)

You can breathe as you wish during the set, to my understanding.

C

same principle used by the systema guys:
http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q=amazon+let+every+breath